Sign in to follow this  
MDBK

What if all cryptos classified as security?

Hi all,

haven’t came to xrpchat for long. 

Well, straight to point, recently i had discussion with some others and he had asked what if all cryptos classified as security by sec then what will happen? Which crypto will survive and will die? 

I only have thought and defended in the way of backing up that XRP is not security so have no idea how it will be for XRP and all crypto.

have any idea?

thanks in advance

That won't happen.  There's too many fundamental differences between the classic security classification and what many digital assets represent as a tokenized object.  Yes, an overwhelming majority may end up with a security classification due to their inherent attributes mirroring what a security offers, but certainly not all of them.

Here is the logic to my thoughts on this.

Any time we have Uncertainty it causes folks to Fear and/or Doubt - This is FUD.  so in my opinion remove the UNCERTAINTY from F - U - D then it becomes hard for Fear and Doubt to stick together.

2 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

What if the moon really was made of cheese

Then the moon is also a security; since the premise here is that assets are securities even when they don't confer rights on their holders, and cheese is just such an asset.

11 hours ago, MDBK said:

Hi all,

haven’t came to xrpchat for long. 

Well, straight to point, recently i had discussion with some others and he had asked what if all cryptos classified as security by sec then what will happen? Which crypto will survive and will die? 

I only have thought and defended in the way of backing up that XRP is not security so have no idea how it will be for XRP and all crypto.

have any idea?

thanks in advance

I stopped worrying about this long ago. If it happens it happens. 

Honestly, @Dario_os response says it all. This has been discussed beyond enough times. If you can't do enough research to type in a search bar for this question, you should probably not be investing in literally anything. You're either a troll, or just somebody that is extremely lazy and shouldn't be investing because they can't be bothered to do something as simple as use a search bar.