Jump to content

When Ripple IPO?  

76 members have voted

  1. 1. When will Ripple IPO take place?

    • Never
      32
    • 2019
      1
    • 2020
      5
    • 2021
      8
    • 2022
      7
    • 2023
      1
    • 2024
      2
    • 2025 or later
      20


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We discussed this topic in 2018. Brad Garlinghouse said: "I want to make sure we have the right managerial maturity, infrastructure, and ability to forecast properly. ... At some point it will make sense. Just not today."

What do you think, when will Ripple go public on the stock market?

 

Edited by baggy23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when maturity is reached an IPO will be offered in order to make the original share holders very rich. Even though Ripple is a private company they still will have to answer to the people who originally invested in the company. With that strategy in mind  I would speculate that Ripple would offer an IPO after near full XRP adoption, to bring public awareness to the product in order to cause full adoption, or when it is just time to establish Ripple as the next google, and so on.

    I hope Ripple will have an IPO after XRP is in the hundreds or thousands of dollars per xrp so we can all by shares prior to an IPO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised that so many people voted "Never". Because Brad said:

Quote

At some point it will make sense. Just not today.

Is it just the fear that XRP will lose value when Ripple goes public?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

As far as I know, usually the main reason for a company to go public is to raise funds.

If XRP keeps on being successful I don't see it happening very soon.

 

more likely not at all since they have enough XRP to last for over 20 years at current rate of distribution..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Magickarp said:

As far as I know, usually the main reason for a company to go public is to raise funds.

If XRP keeps on being successful I don't see it happening very soon.

 

Good point but not entirely true, IPO is also a liquidation event for founders, shareholders, and investors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when people make these retarded poles without giving you the option of "Undecided" or an option along those lines. You are forced to choose a date, select never or not partake in the poll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are an awful lot of unknowns, but if I had to guess, an IPO  would NOT happen when the stock market is in the toilet, and that might end up being a consideration, given our current macro situation.

And...it would come at a time when the future for Ripple is more certain than now......so at least a year or two down the road...which might not be a time that coincides with the kind of strong equity market they'd want to enter as an IPO.

If the equity market cycle were not so long in the tooth, I'd guess maybe 2020 or 2021...but I expect it to be a crappy time to go public for anybody.

I don't really see how it matters to us hodlrs. frankly. I doubt it would be negative for XRP.

I'd love to own some Ripple, but I'm not sure any stock is safe from deflation in these times. I own zero stocks, and it isn't because I can't afford to buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

I hate when people make these retarded poles without giving you the option of "Undecided" or an option along those lines. You are forced to choose a date, select never or not partake in the poll. 

You are not forced to participate. I hate when people post useless comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, baggy23 said:

You are not forced to participate. I hate when people post useless comments.

That's because you have no idea how to put a proper poll together. Right now the poll results are scewed because those that are undecided are left out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about timing, but the company will be 10 years old in just 3 years.

Investors typically want a liquidity event within 5-7 years, but Ripple will likely be one of the best investments of their lifetimes, so they may be willing to wait for the equity to trade on the public markets... where they can get the highest multiple and deepest liquidity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do another larger private round 6-18m months prior to an IPO.

I would be very surprised if Ripple never went public, because it will be such a critical player in the world that pressure for public disclosure of the company's financials will mount as adoption grows.

IMHO, Ripple (the company) will be bigger than Google in 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I'm not sure about timing, but the company will be 10 years old in just 3 years.

Investors typically want a liquidity event within 5-7 years, but Ripple will likely be one of the best investments of their lifetimes, so they may be willing to wait for the equity to trade on the public markets... where they can get the highest multiple and deepest liquidity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do another larger private round 6-18m months prior to an IPO.

I would be very surprised if Ripple never went public, because it will be such a critical player in the world that pressure for public disclosure of the company's financials will mount as adoption grows.

IMHO, Ripple (the company) will be bigger than Google in 10 years. 

Thanks for your post @KarmaCoverage. What do you think will happen to XRP in this case? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRP_Legacy said:

Thanks for your post @KarmaCoverage. What do you think will happen to XRP in this case? 

As long as fundamental utility value continues to grow, via both RippleNet and the broader IoV growing in network size and corridor reach and Liquidity depth grows in all corridors, then XRP has a significant role within the whole global monetary infrastructure's new architecture.

This is what I saw years ago, and it is still amazing to me. We are lucky to observe it happening.

Humanity as an organism, derives a key strength from people working together. "Money" is a tool that typically emerges as a group of humans grows past a certin size. Improving this money tool, will be equivalent to humanity powering up on it's own best strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...