Live4xrp

Page 9 says it all... Or not?...SEC Framework just released

"

13 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

I don't like the sound of the 4th bullet. 

Although no one of the following characteristics of use or consumption is necessarily determinative, the stronger their presence, the less likely the Howey test is met

1.) Check 

2.) Check

3.) Check 

4.) Ehh

5.) Check 

The language in 4 is still openly vague enough to not know for sure. Fiat today fluctuates in value in reasonable amounts. The only thing that's different is that we don't go to a grocery store and have to reassess the value of a purchase at every point of sale. It's certainly a meh clause, but I doubt that the only crypto that fits their framework are stablecoins.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, XRPboi said:

I don't like the sound of the 4th bullet. 

I think proponents of the position that XRP is not a security could argue that you would hold it to cut down your transaction costs by not having to convert twice (fiat>xrp>different fiat). Additionally, as coincenter emphasized in its analysis today, this is an *objective* inquiry (i.e., "a reasonable purchaser would...") not dependent on any of our *subjective* intent. These "Other Relevant Considerations" seemed generally favorable (maybe those lobbying investments are effective).

That being said, it seems like there are plenty of unfavorable parts of this, as noted in the other thread:

13 minutes ago, ICookinBrine said:

I'm just a caveman who fell in some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know...many of the factors listed in the SEC Framework for "Investment Contract" Analysis of Digital assets are unfavorable to XRP's status in relation to Ripple, and even more so in the past than present.

--Keyrock

Edited by ICookinBrine
Typo

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

Whatever we dont want to happen will be what happens. Im a glass empty kind of individual.

XRP is not a security, BNB instead is at risk of being labeled as such.

Who cares about the SEC, XRP adoption will be huge in Asia anyway

Edited by Dario_o

There are major forces at work against Ripple and XRP adoption.  

Disruptive technologies are abrasive and a threat to many.

How do you think the company that manufactured Pay telephones felt about Cellular Phones?  " Oh, they are too expensive.  The coverage area is spotty. Complicated to use. They charge by the minute."  and guess what......disruptive technology killed them.

Watch out SWIFT!   

Just now, itcdominic said:

There are major forces at work against Ripple and XRP adoption.  

Disruptive technologies are abrasive and a threat to many.

How do you think the company that manufactured Pay telephones felt about Cellular Phones?  " Oh, they are too expensive.  The coverage area is spotty. Complicated to use. They charge by the minute."  and guess what......disruptive technology killed them.

Watch out SWIFT!   

and yes, regulation was involved,  and issues with people traveling, and 911 regulations, etc....