Sign in to follow this  
ZeeperCreeper

Does Ripple Control XRP? ‘Absolutely Not’, Insists Ripple CTO

From what I understand it's a recap of the Q&A session.

https://www.ccn.com/does-ripple-control-xrp-absolutely-not-insists-ripple-cto

When asked about IBM’s partnership with Stellar, Schwartz didn’t hold back:

“It misses the point of blockchain completely.”

The Ripple CTO goes on to explain how “IBM, SWIFT, and the rest of the old guard attempt innovation with blockchain but do not solve the centralization issue.” In Big Blue’s case, the tech company is responsible for approving validators on Stellar, which gives it control of the network.

Schwartz, who was part of a trio that created XRP in 2011, went on to criticize “centralized stablecoins” for bank transactions, suggesting that a USD-backed stablecoin doesn’t have the potential to achieve mass adoption. IBM recently announced the addition of six international banks that will use the Stellar blockchain for stablecoin and XLM-fueled payments. Of course, Ripple execs have to downplay these products as they are competition for the blockchain startup’s XRP-powered cross-border payment products, as is JPMorgan’s JPM Coin.

1 hour ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

Of course, Ripple execs have to downplay these products as they are competition for the blockchain startup’s XRP-powered cross-border payment products, as is JPMorgan’s JPM Coin.

I don't think I have ever read an article from ccn.com about Ripple or XRP without them adding some personal opinion. Most of that time the opinion is negative. I don't know. If I would like to read about someones opinion I would go to Twitter, Reddit, Facebook or a blog. I guess I am trying to say that ccn.com is a cheap crappy site. Nothing objective ever comes out from there. Don't know what they are writing about, it is not news just there opinions. Maybe they think they are CNN

28 minutes ago, JBW said:

I don't think I have ever read an article from ccn.com about Ripple or XRP without them adding some personal opinion. Most of that time the opinion is negative. I don't know. If I would like to read about someones opinion I would go to Twitter, Reddit, Facebook or a blog. I guess I am trying to say that ccn.com is a cheap crappy site. Nothing objective ever comes out from there. Don't know what they are writing about, it is not news just there opinions. Maybe they think they are CNN

I rather agree with your point. Although, sometimes I feel like some twitts have been paid for, if you know what I mean. That's a perfect marketing strategy, to form the market sentiment, but I guess it's an obvious thing!

16 minutes ago, Arenys said:

I rather agree with your point. Although, sometimes I feel like some twitts have been paid for, if you know what I mean. That's a perfect marketing strategy, to form the market sentiment, but I guess it's an obvious thing!

Yes agree. I get the feeling that ccn "news" has been paid for also, why would they otherwise put their own opinion there? Who cares about the writers opinion? When you read about Brexit, like you do every day. Do you care to read about the writers opinion? I don't, I just want the facts, nothing else. I do read sometimes ccn news, they amuse me but I just have to think why they do that (adding their opinion ) for a few extra bucks, they don't care if they look stupid or not. It is amusing and though :)

On 4/3/2019 at 11:05 AM, JBW said:

Yes agree. I get the feeling that ccn "news" has been paid for also, why would they otherwise put their own opinion there? Who cares about the writers opinion? When you read about Brexit, like you do every day. Do you care to read about the writers opinion? I don't, I just want the facts, nothing else. I do read sometimes ccn news, they amuse me but I just have to think why they do that (adding their opinion ) for a few extra bucks, they don't care if they look stupid or not. It is amusing and though :)

I guess people who look for factual information won't be deceived by such resources. So, when a news portal publishes too opinionate articles, it might repel many readers