Sign in to follow this  
jargoman

All female woman's space walk cancelled. Possible P.R opportunity

I found this on Reddit and think that it is relevant for this topic:

"Clarification:

This was never set out be an all female EVA. It just happened that way with the way the schedule worked out.

Second, Anne wore a large space suit during the EVA on 3/22. I presume this is what she trained on or what they determined was the best option for her. Apparently it wasn't and Anne said she thinks a medium would be better. The problem is it takes a lot of time to prep a suit, and crew time on station is worth a lot of money. They decided it wasn't worth spending all that time when you could just put someone in who will fit well.

Basically, a small problem popped up that couldn't have been predicted and the crew and NASA decided to do the most cost efficient and time efficient thing, and just swap crew. Which I think is exactly what we should all want, considering that's tax payer money and they could be spending that time doing important research."

21 hours ago, jargoman said:

https://www.today.com/news/nasa-astronauts-weigh-canceled-all-female-spacewalk-t151306

Imagine if Ripple picked up the tab. Paying for the spacesuit and placed their logo on the suit.

Ripple to the moon. again !

I imagine how cool it would be, if Ripple logo would reach the Space Station, you know. It's like, bye bye BTC, who's the boss now :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Arenys said:

I imagine how cool it would be, if Ripple logo would reach the Space Station, you know. It's like, bye bye BTC, who's the boss now :biggrin:

Elon Musk is extremely forward thinking. If Ripple could somehow entice him correctly with some form of incentive, perhaps Ripple could get entangled (at least on the extreme side) with SpaceX.

23 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

Elon Musk is extremely forward thinking. If Ripple could somehow entice him correctly with some form of incentive, perhaps Ripple could get entangled (at least on the extreme side) with SpaceX.

I personally hope Ripple doesn't do anything like this as I believe we will stoop down to the level of all the other ICO scams and various influences they hired trying to pump some useless crypto project.

Last thing I think anyone here  wants to see Ripple, XRP and others developing in the XRP ecosystem is bad press / lawsuits....

https://cryptoslate.com/floyd-mayweather-and-dj-khaled-sued-for-involvement-in-centra-ico-scam/

Edited by DeathBox

2 hours ago, DeathBox said:

I personally hope Ripple doesn't do anything like this as I believe we will stoop down to the level of all the other ICO scams and various influences they hired trying to pump some useless crypto project.

Last thing I think anyone here  wants to see Ripple, XRP and others developing in the XRP ecosystem is bad press / lawsuits....

https://cryptoslate.com/floyd-mayweather-and-dj-khaled-sued-for-involvement-in-centra-ico-scam/

Its not going to happen obviously. 

On 4/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, MegaNerd said:

Hopefully. Ripple grows fast, I guess, it is just a matter of time and policy of the company

Great! Another virtue signaling thread. 

Look, these women don't need your sympathy or platitudes. They know they can take more Gs than you can do push-ups. They are't also not the first or most recent to ascend to the heavens. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_spacefarers

And what exactly does this have to do with Ripple or XRP again? 

Edited by TheXRPer