Mcripple

Might I ask a question? Coinbase / XRP

Posted (edited)

It means you should find a power outlet, battery's drained.

Edit: on a serious note: xrp being recognized for it's intended purpose by coinbase looks to me like a pivotal shift in their agenda. Whatever their reason is, having a heavyweight in the corner is only a good thing.

Edited by Dutchpinoy

23 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Is this meaningful at all?

I think it's just a marketing strategy for Coinbase... and XRP, surprisingly.

They're basically encouraging people to manually buy XRP for the express purpose of sending it cross border, and encouraging their friends to receive XRP to take advantage of fast transactions.

If both ends use Coinbase, it doesn't really make a difference, because Coinbase-to-Coinbase transactions are free and instant anyway, but they're focussing on the fact that if you need to send the funds on to another exchange, XRP is the best way to do it.

It's not xRapid, in case you were wondering. It's just encouraging consumers to follow a manual process that imitates xRapid.

I don't think it's a joke; it's not a product, just really good advice, that will encourage the use of XRP.

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, at3n said:

I don't think it's a joke; it's not a product, just really good advice, that will encourage the use of XRP.

Interesting.

indeed

1 hour ago, at3n said:

I think it's just a marketing strategy for Coinbase... and XRP, surprisingly.

They're basically encouraging people to manually buy XRP for the express purpose of sending it cross border, and encouraging their friends to receive XRP to take advantage of fast transactions.

If both ends use Coinbase, it doesn't really make a difference, because Coinbase-to-Coinbase transactions are free and instant anyway, but they're focussing on the fact that if you need to send the funds on to another exchange, XRP is the best way to do it.

It's not xRapid, in case you were wondering. It's just encouraging consumers to follow a manual process that imitates xRapid.

Interesting.

Thank you for the reply