Sign in to follow this  
LeonidasH

Q1 2019 XRP Report: Laying the foundation

1 hour ago, LeonidasH said:

With another quarter coming to an end it's always interesting to pause and zoom out. Sometimes we focus too much on price action and daily news and forget to look at the bigger picture. This report focuses on doing just that:

https://xrpcommunity.blog/q1-2019-report-laying/

Really great blog post.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Men_of_coin said:

@LeonidasH Must have taken a long time to gather all that information. Unfortunately I don't have the time to follow this 24/7 so this report is exactly what I needed to stay in the loop. Really appreciate your effort here, thanks! 

It did take a lot of time but this is one of the reasons I do this. Making it easy for people to catch up and newcomers to see how much XRP has accomplished. Hodor's blogs are also a great way to stay up-to-date.

Edited by LeonidasH

18 hours ago, LeonidasH said:

This report focuses on doing just that

Superb write-up, @LeonidasH

After seeing what you did with you Q4 2018 report, I hoped you would continue with future community-based quarterly XRP Reports. 

You did not disappoint.   I loved the statistics at the end, along with your commentary - just fantastic!  :yess:

At the moment of writing XRP has:
332 Fiat markets (23% increase)
640 Crypto markets (15% increase)
across 311 exchanges (22% increase)
A total of 972 markets (18% increase)

20 hours ago, LeonidasH said:

Sometimes we focus too much on price action and daily news and forget to look at the bigger picture.

Very well researched and presented @LeonidasH.

Those who are naysayers on this site (whether they are doing it intentionally or unintentionally) would benefit themselves by reading your synopsis and analysis and reflecting.  Its oft too easy to point out the negatives in anything and yet I think for those who find it easy to dis on XRP and Ripple, they will find themselves challenged upon reading your Q1 2019 XRP Report: Laying the foundation.

"Even though this quarter there were less news items, compared to last quarter we have seen:
More Ripple customers announced.
More new XRP-fiat pairs added on exchanges.
Actual XRP usage from a money transfer company, that is gradually using XRP with more volume and in more corridors.
XRP ecosystem continuous expansion with addition to more platforms.
Xpring investing in more companies, thus creating new usecases for XRP."

It's hard to argue against progress being made.  I know people will argue against the value of good news because XRP price movement corresponds more logically with BTC price movement than it does with progress announcements but, there will come a time I believe where this will not be the case.  I believe in the future XRP price will move up and then we'll learn the good news why well after the fact. 

Thanks for all you do.  Your synopsis and analysis is always refreshing.