Duke67

David Schwartz has made a room for Ken Kurson

?exactly why there needs to be a disclaimer.

Ripple owes me nothing. I spent money on a piece of code that they have transparently disclosed could be worth nothing one day. 

That code allows me to transfer value across borders in a moment and acts as an anti-spam measure to the network.

If you buy a foreign government's currency and your speculative investment goes to zero, the issuer of that currency owes you nothing. 

We are speculators. It's a gamble (but I like the odds). 

Question to mods:

Why this thread has 4 pages of off-topic discussion about what is investment/speculation and Legal status of XRP (has nothing to do with OT) and there is no splinting topic to separate topic or other type of moderation, while this topic:

was split because of "political discussion" about Trump and such, although it had much more in common to original topic (Bossiness Globalization) than is the case for this topic? Sad but such behavior has a slight stench of censorship...

Guest Haydentiff
17 hours ago, Rchopra said:

why xrp chat staff /moderators are stresssing this thing  too hard

It would be irresponsible not to.

considered  already biased 

I don't work for Ripple. But the fact that I've been spending my free time hanging out on the UNOFFICIAL Ripple forum since 2013 is kind of a dead giveaway for my preference in financial technology.

Ripple has used the money sold from sale of xrp to fund projects so that should make them liable to return there funds under usual  civil laws.

That's what most companies do with the money they make from the products they sell. Why would XRP be any different?

Ripple bosses  and website have promoted xrp directly or indirectly and have hinted the price of xrp may go up

Right up until @miguelwas hired, Ripple did the exact opposite of this. I don't know what, if anything, has changed in that regard since Miguel joined Ripple, so I can't really comment except to say that XRP is still so damn hard to buy that I can't even open up an account with Gatehub.

it does  not give too much of positive signals about having supportive response from here in case worst happens

Guess why?

(You shouldn't have to guess which is why I hope Ripple will add some sort of disclaimer to their website.)

Do you think Ty Warner had a legal obligation to beanie baby "investors?" Should the beanie baby website have clarified that purchasing beanie babies does not entitle customers to equity in the company or recourse if the company no longer wants to make beanie babies anymore?

9 hours ago, velmet said:

Question to mods:

Why this thread has 4 pages of off-topic discussion about what is investment/speculation and Legal status of XRP (has nothing to do with OT) and there is no splinting topic to separate topic or other type of moderation, while this topic:

Because I asked Ripple for an official response and didn't want to move the thread.

@haydentiff

That's what most companies do with the money they make from the products they sell. Why would XRP be any different?

I am not saying Xrp is different  in that case. Generaly  If other companies do the same they also are liable for the amount taken ( of course depending on case by case as its hypthetical scenario and each case is different). And as you said Ripple does not have any diaclaimer on their website stating they are not liable, which supports our point.

@Haydentiff, thanks for your question. Here's my take:

So, first things first: Please remember that XRP is a digital asset that is independent from Ripple the company. Simply holding and/or trading XRP doesn't give anyone claim against or make one an investor in the company.

XRP existed before the company was created, and will continue to exist as long as the RCL is running, regardless of what Ripple the company does. As with any asset—digital or otherwise—the price of XRP can both rise and fall and anyone buying and trading XRP should understand the risks of buying and holding digital assets, including the risk of fluctuation in value.

Ripple the company is a holder of XRP and believes XRP to be the best digital asset—particularly when it comes to settlement and cross-border payments. And like all rational XRP holders, the company has a strong interest in fostering a healthy ecosystem and a robust and liquid market for XRP.

Ok, everyone's putting in their "two cents", so I might as well too.

David is the Chief Cryptographer of Ripple. I'm glad he gets to spend more time now at Ripple focusing on his specialization. Back when I first encountered David's posts at the xrptalk forum, I used to feel somewhat guilty, bad that he would occasionally answer my posts and others because I felt like he (really me and we) shouldn't be wasting his time on relatively insignificant stuff that's not furthering his tasks at Ripple, like explaining the ripple protocol or allaying the fears of ripple investors, etc.

I don't know much about Ken, and I won't speculate. I just know that I'm feeling more secure than ever before about the direction in which Ripple is headed with various people coming on board lately to fill specialized positions that weren't available or offered when I was on the old xrptalk forum over 1.5 years ago. To me it seems fairly obvious that Ripple is ready to pursue a new phase/direction of development after up to 40% of Japanese banks will definitely be using the ripple network in the not too distant future for payments processing. Ripple has a clearer path now to their goal.  The price might have stayed at the same level for a long time, but Ripple,  the company,  has definitely moved solidly forward in the space. Still a huge uphill battle, but Ripple has moved closer to its goal of becoming a global digital payments provider.

Edited by enrique11
correction