Sign in to follow this  
Xrpchips

If BTC is $10.000 - what is XRP?

Posted (edited)

This is hard to say because the alt coins tend to outperform BTC.

Say BTC goes from 4,000 top 10,000, that's a 2.5 multiplier, that would translate in a 0.77$ per XRP. If the alts outperform BTC once more, then you would more look into a 1,5$ per XRP at a 10k BTC. This calculation is inaccurate, it is just to give an idea of what would happen if the trends are the same as in late 2017.

Edited by JannaOneTrick

Posted (edited)

Based on historical performance, if you believe that BTC is going straight to 10k then you will be better off moving your funds to BTC, waiting until it breaks resistance and gets to 7-8k, and then moving back into xrp.

Xrp tends to trail alts and BTC until the very last moment when it renormalizes to their performance.  Much $$$$$ available for taking to anyone able to time it correctly.  At the same time, that approach is a bit of a gamble, and people usually suck at timing the market, so....

Edited by automatic
missed a word

54 minutes ago, automatic said:

Based on historical performance, if you believe that BTC is going straight to 10k then you will be better off moving your funds to BTC, waiting until it breaks resistance and gets to 7-8k, and then moving back into xrp.

Xrp tends to trail alts and BTC until the very last moment when it renormalizes to their performance.  Much $$$$$ available for taking to anyone able to time it correctly.  At the same time, that approach is a bit of a gamble, and people usually suck at timing the market, so....

I agree, and actually gave that strategy about 3 seconds of consideration before I decided it makes better sense to just hodl my position and add some coins that are moving early. Too much risk of missing a breakout unrelated to BTC. Not a high probability event, but it could happen, and I don't want to be naked if it happens. So my beloved XRP will remain enshrined in its collectors edition designer wallet for now.

Buy it and forget it for a while seems like the way to go.

A 1000 rise in BTC is about a 0.07 cent rise recently since the lows....using that screwball math we could be seeing around a 0.73 cent XRP.  But we know the correlation is not linear, thus it could be much higher or lower at the same time.  So who knows:)

Sign in to follow this