Sign in to follow this  
AlexCobb

Bob Way Livestream Recap.

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen the original lenthy video yet, just the synopsis posted by Alex in this thread.  

Does anyone know if Bob mentioned anything about Xpool?  

OK..finally got to the ending of this video...short Xpool reference there....very interesting.  Liquidity is one of the most important aspect to getting this solution to work for banks. That, and keeping the SEC from interfering with XRP's success.

Edited by enrique11

Absolutely impressive that you managed to get Bob on the show. Haven't seen the entire video yet but I was also impressed with the questions you posed, not avoiding critical ones.

Good to see the channel is getting more mature. In the past you picked up to many hype/speculation items for my taste, but I also understand making videos is also about attracting viewers to watch them ;)

I'll watch the rest of it today!

One significant point he made is about his waiting for Central Bank Synchronisation.

Payments that are synchronised across and between the two central banks of the countries.  

He said he is waiting for that to happen... which he feels will be the start of a big change.  

38 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Payments that are synchronised across and between the two central banks of the countries.  

He said he is waiting for that to happen... which he feels will be the start of a big change.  

This is the first time I am hearing about Central Bank Synchronization. Can you explain this a little more or point towards more information on this? 

And he is waiting on what to happen? 

Sorry for any ignorance, I am just trying to learn on topics that I don't know much about here. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

This is the first time I am hearing about Central Bank Synchronization. Can you explain this a little more or point towards more information on this? 

And he is waiting on what to happen? 

Sorry for any ignorance, I am just trying to learn on topics that I don't know much about here. 

It’s a first for me too.  I was just parroting (and probably mangling) what he said.  

I would suggest you ask him in the Book club.  

Essentially he seemed to be indicating that Bank Of England and others are looking at achieving synchronous debit/credit of CB accounts.  I’m assuming that’s via Ripplenet.  But Bob will no doubt elaborate.  

Edited by Tinyaccount
Speelink

Listened through the full 3+ hours of that and I can’t say that anything was revealed that wasn’t already in the public space or that having Bob on Alex’s show was educational in any way .

Would love to be proved wrong ?

3 hours ago, XRPHornets said:

Listened through the full 3+ hours of that and I can’t say that anything was revealed that wasn’t already in the public space or that having Bob on Alex’s show was educational in any way .

Would love to be proved wrong ?

What kind of question is that? Apparently you're already so educated that it wasn't educational to you. How can we possibly prove you are not?

I consider myself higly educated on Ripple, and yet it was still very educational to me. So it really depends on the listener.

The most educational for me was the firsthand report of first meetings with banks, and the anxiety in the beginning that they might even get arrested. I find such "the making of" stories, that we've never heard before, and couldn't hear from anyone else than from somebody that was there from day one, incredibly interesting.

Also very interesting were his remarks about IBM / Stellar vs Ripple. It removed my worries that they are a threat.

The interesting thing about Bob is not that he can reveil facts that we don't know, but that he can help us better understand the facts we already know. In that aspect, the interview was the most educational piece of content I've seen in a long time.