Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Billions are unbanked. The rest of us are banked to death.

Banked up the  **s,  each and every day. I am happy to see the 3rd world get affordable credit with crypto, but I'm even more excited about me getting a RETURN on my assets. But one needs to exercise a certain amount of skepticism....trust but verify.

Thanks for tackling this subject, which is one of my favorite topics. Reading you now. (Just had to get that off my chest first)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Good read Hordor...Did I see a mistake here? 

"as more people make due without" I read is as "make do"

 

Cheers 

Thanks for reading, @Trentsteel and thank you for the correction!  :thank_you2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"The interview revealed quite a bit about Forte's approach, and indicated that they were intent on both building out the tools for other developers to use to integrate with any crypto network, and also a "blockchain game engine," which indicates an ambitious scope.   When developers use that term, they typically mean all of the tools necessary to build a game."

The 'blockchain game engine' sounds like a really bad idea. I wonder what they have in mind?

Their other approach of building tools so other engines can use any crypto network sounds more sensible, but maybe that wouldn't use XRP.

Edited by elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In 1984 I remember hearing on the radio a journalist talking about a new computer called the Apple Mac which had a screen with icons and a virtual dustbin.  I knew nothing about computers but the imagery seemed to convey an extraordinary idea.  Your last three postings have emphasised how much creative stuff is being generated in the XRP heliosphere. 

Emailing money as an attachment!  That grabs me like the virtual dustbin did.  Innovation, Creativity, Liberation.  We really are at that moment when creatives are being dragged like moths into orbits around Ripple XRP, we can sense the gathering of a creative plasma like the one that formed around the Apple Mac in the early 1980s. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, elias said:

Their other approach of building tools so other engines can use any crypto network sounds more sensible, but maybe that wouldn't use XRP.

A specific game engine kind of threw me off as well; but they might be able to do both, right?  :JC_thinking:

The $100 million will be managed by Forte (and Ripple?) and used to fund a bunch if new projects.  This investment approach is similar to the "Raised in Space" concept, where Ripple is investing money that will then be managed and used by RISE to fund new projects. 

So if Forte is creating a new game engine, it may be directly related to the $100 million fund, or it may just be a pre-existing Forte project that was already in the works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

we can sense the gathering of a creative plasma like the one that formed around the Apple Mac in the early 1980s. 

I like the term "creative plasma!" And it's exactly the feeling I get when I think of how much monetization could change things. 

Even on a very small scale, Coil is already meeting with extraordinary enthusiasm from new stakeholders.  The interesting thing with the Xpring investments is that Ripple clearly had this direction all 'ready to go' for a while now, it seems. 

And yes - each of the last three blogs were inter-twined to me.  When you look at the history of Chris Larsen's corporate investments and track record (the creative use of technology to extend banking services), along with everything else like Coil, Xpring's recent investments, and their fearless leadership in challenging SWIFT - onstage even - its very exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hodor said:

I like the term "creative plasma!" And it's exactly the feeling I get when I think of how much monetization could change things. 

Even on a very small scale, Coil is already meeting with extraordinary enthusiasm from new stakeholders.  The interesting thing with the Xpring investments is that Ripple clearly had this direction all 'ready to go' for a while now, it seems. 

And yes - each of the last three blogs were inter-twined to me.  When you look at the history of Chris Larsen's corporate investments and track record (the creative use of technology to extend banking services), along with everything else like Coil, Xpring's recent investments, and their fearless leadership in challenging SWIFT - onstage even - its very exciting. 

I only joined XRP chat a year ago.  In that year it has been dramatic to watch the landscape change.  This time last year we passively watched and waited for Ripple's challenge to SWIFT to reverse a bear market, today it is the entrepreneurs and small start up FIs that are grabbing the headlines with their pilot schemes and applications across the spectrum of everyday usage.   Whilst the big boys are struggling with delay and waiting for regulatory clarity the small guys are out there providing the gasoline and lighting a bonfire under their seats.   It is not the  scenario we expected.

Nevertheless this is a good way forward.  Ripple XRP entrepreneurs are "cool" and their charisma will be magnetic.  Ripple, far from being just the bankers coin, are acquiring the brand of being a people's coin.  We who are paying attention are just beginning to see the tip of this new paradigm.  It is a complete reversal of the trajectory we were expecting to follow this time last year.

I am not suggesting that XRP's main role as a Bridging Asset changed, but what is happening is that XRP is much more than just the Banker's bridging asset.  XRP is becoming the bridging asset that globalises mobility of value across services, entertainment, social media, retail the Internet of Things.  Just like digital Telecoms started as an update of the telphone system, its main role later became interactive communication, social media, entertainment and news services and retail.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...