Jump to content

Is it possible to have an XRP Chrome extension wallet like Metamask?


xrpempire
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, jargoman said:

Not having to provide your keys to every website you visit.

You only have to do this towards your wallet, not the merchant. If a website asks for your keys, that's NOT a good idea to put them there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, xrpempire said:

Is it possible to build a XRP web browser wallet extension for Chrome/Firefox?

This type of wallet that would interact with smart contracts / web apps

It would be similar to how Metamask and TronLink work

Does any know if anything being developed like this?

Of course it is possible and I like the idea, and probably someone could start from the metamask code and build an XRPL version.

I'll take a look.

And maybe @xrptipbot already tought about that.

7 hours ago, Sukrim said:

What would be the benefit of having this as a browser extension instead of a wallet in JavaScript on a website?

People nowaday are lazy. An extension is much easier and faster and there is no need of a server hosting the wallet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tulo said:

Of course it is possible and I like the idea, and probably someone could start from the metamask code and build an XRPL version.

I'll take a look.

And maybe @xrptipbot already tought about that.

People nowaday are lazy. An extension is much easier and faster and there is no need of a server hosting the wallet.

What about submitting the idea to the xrp community fund? 

https://xrp-community-fund.canny.io/funding-suggestions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great idea - can everyone please vote for this here - https://xrp-community-fund.canny.io/funding-suggestions/p/chrome-extension-metamask-version-for-xrp

Does anyone know of anyone who would have the skills for this?
How long would it take?
What budget would it take?
To build this Chrome & FireFox extension so that it functions like MetaMask and TronLink extensions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tulo said:

Of course it is possible and I like the idea, and probably someone could start from the metamask code and build an XRPL version.

I'll take a look.

And maybe @xrptipbot already tought about that.

People nowaday are lazy. An extension is much easier and faster and there is no need of a server hosting the wallet.

After checking the MetaMask code - does it look possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xrpempire said:

Great idea - can everyone please vote for this here - https://xrp-community-fund.canny.io/funding-suggestions/p/chrome-extension-metamask-version-for-xrp

Does anyone know of anyone who would have the skills for this?
How long would it take?
What budget would it take?
To build this Chrome & FireFox extension so that it functions like MetaMask and TronLink extensions

Thanks for posting, these issues will be discussed by the community fund developers if the suggestion gets enough votes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

is it actual? I`m searching for such extension for XRP and I found only one (not much similar with metamask) so I think I should create one the same... if somebody except me need this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, esso said:

is it actual? I`m searching for such extension for XRP and I found only one (not much similar with metamask) so I think I should create one the same... if somebody except me need this 

which wallet did you find? If a tool existed we would know about it. Scammers would love to provide a fake wallet to steal keys. If you found such a wallet post it here so we can review the code. 

I did play around with creating such a wallet. It's definitely possible it's just time consuming trying to fit javascript code within the confines of a browser plug in. It's on my todo list. It wouldn't be a full defi wallet like you'd expect.

The real way to go about this is to wrap your xrp into an fasset on the flare network and use metamask to connect to flare (or song bird)

You can also bridge xrp to binance smart chain, then connect metamask to binance smart chain

or bridge xrp to klaytn network using orbit bridge 

or bridge xrp to wanchain using wanchain bridge and so on

xrp is the bridge currency between these networks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, jargoman said:

which wallet did you find? If a tool existed we would know about it. Scammers would love to provide a fake wallet to steal keys. If you found such a wallet post it here so we can review the code. 

I did play around with creating such a wallet. It's definitely possible it's just time consuming trying to fit javascript code within the confines of a browser plug in. It's on my todo list. It wouldn't be a full defi wallet like you'd expect.

The real way to go about this is to wrap your xrp into an fasset on the flare network and use metamask to connect to flare (or song bird)

You can also bridge xrp to binance smart chain, then connect metamask to binance smart chain

or bridge xrp to klaytn network using orbit bridge 

or bridge xrp to wanchain using wanchain bridge and so on

xrp is the bridge currency between these networks

I found this one (but I dont use it) -  x r p m a t e . c o m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.