Padster

XRP “Army” More harm than good ?

If I thought by choosing to engage with a company my staff would be harassed or my company would be repeatedly dragged into twiiter spats involving childish often offensive comments. I would quicky want to distance myself as I sense R3 have by their recent comments.

I agree. Offensive comments will not do us any good. We should not be like BTC community on Reddit were every second comment include a f*** word or you are stupid if you don't agree with them. What R3 comment are you referring to?

I think that most of the ridiculous, forceful, and embarrassing comments are actually the BTC maximalists having their go at a reverse psychology sort of event... 

Know what I mean, mate? I mean, it is obvious that it's ridiculous and does no good to the XRP community....

1 hour ago, JBW said:

I agree. Offensive comments will not do us any good. We should not be like BTC community on Reddit were every second comment include a f*** word or you are stupid if you don't agree with them. What R3 comment are you referring to?

Hi I have seen a couple of short videos like this one, I thinks he says we were using XRP “of all things” which is a bit dismissive and “their people went crazy”  just my opinion but sounds like distancing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Menner from R3 talking about Corda Settler using XRP with SWIFT plugging in. <br><br>March2019 <a href="https://t.co/9xyrALVQ5Z">pic.twitter.com/9xyrALVQ5Z</a></p>&mdash; Steven Diep (@DiepSanh) <a href="https://twitter.com/DiepSanh/status/1109081901162061824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I understand a lot of people thinking they are doing the right thing and are pushing in favour of XRP/Ripple but  it is often counter productive and bad rather than good P.R imho

Posted (edited)

Bots and too mang emotionally involved zealots and finally (yes)harm is done. It is like a gang. 

Then the buzz words use case, utility driven, solving a problem, over and over holding onto every breath, reading into every sentence anyone affiliated with or works for Ripple says.......simple where are the banks Brad?

You said "magnitide of dozens by end of 2019" other CEOs are held to their comments you should be too.

Edited by 010101

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, 010101 said:

Bots and too mang emotionally involved zealots and finally (yes)harm is done. It is like a gang. 

Then the buzz words use case, utility driven, solving a problem, over and over holding onto every breath, reading into every sentence anyone affiliated with or works for Ripple says.......simple where are the banks Brad?

You said "magnitide of dozens by end of 2019" other CEOs are held to their comments you should be too.

Last June/July/Aug XRP had fallen from 3.5 to .25 and Brad was also under pressure to talk up the prospects of XRP to stop the currency falling even further.  His comments may have had a positive effect in stabilising the hysteria, but he called it wrong.  I am sure he learnt and we can give him some slack.

Brad is keeping his mouth shut about most things that are going on behind the scenes and we are left guessing.  This in itself leads to fake news stories being believed and opportunities for FUDists to spread malicious stories.  We have to go through this stuff and not blame every misfortune on the occasional error by the management of Ripple who have to tread that very narrow line between keeping the public informed and keeping their confidential contracts confidential. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Last June/July/Aug XRP had fallen from 3.5 to .25 and Brad was also under pressure to talk up the prospects of XRP to stop the currency falling even further.  His comments may have had a positive effect in stabilising the hysteria, but he called it wrong.  I am sure he learnt and we can give him some slack.

Brad is keeping his mouth shut about most things that are going on behind the scenes and we are left guessing.  This in itself leads to fake news stories being believed and opportunities for FUDists to spread malicious stories.  We have to go through this stuff and not blame every misfortune on the occasional error by the management of Ripple who have to tread that very narrow line between keeping the public informed and their confidential contracts confidential. 

You can defend him all you want I will not. 

Posted (edited)

Agree but case in point, Santander should not have to be forced take time to clarify there position re:XRP on Twitter because their receptionist doesn’t know the difference between XRP and Ripple especially as this then attracts  abusive comments from trolls.  Rather wait for good news than hear fake news

As for Brad etc, you have waited longer and suffered more than I have so your opinions are more relevant than mine, i am learning who to listen to though 

People asking Santander for an explanation as if they are obliged to respond, criticising the social media team ?? Ffs

Edited by Padster

49 minutes ago, 010101 said:

Jeff Bezos disagrees with your 'never make a wrong call' sentiment.