SEC Is Protecting the DOW - Pure Speculation

For the critics...this is pure speculative thought, maybe though, just maybe there's something to it.

For many months now it has crossed my mind that when the economy starts a decline we would see a flight to quality, quality and safe haven in the form of digital currencies. With the news of the yield curve inversion today it got me thinking...... What if all these delays aren't so that the big boys can get set up, the markets can be developed and stability in the cryptosphere maintained once the run starts. What if the SEC is trying to delay the inevitable for as long as they can so that the massive outflow of capital from the DOW and into digital exchanges won't utterly crush their business model, destroying retirement portfolios while causing a 1929 style panic amongst money managers and corporations (ok, thats a bit dramatic).

Still the protection of the old way in spite of IoV progress is glaringly obvious. Couple that with the clear manipulation of the Digital markets and somewhere someone is protecting something.

(hodl... it is coming, and soon)

Edited by Guest

I’m not sure I agree. 

I just think the SEC have bigger fish to fry right now, Crypto is a drop in the ocean and they probably don’t give it much of a 2nd thought. If institutional money was itching to get in then they would have regulated it by now. 

I just don’t think there is any institutional demand and so the SEC couldn’t really care less

Could be however if there was no institutional demand then why all the infrastructure builds during this bear market? Globally there is a big push, yet in the US the SEC stalls.  

32 minutes ago, EWH2020 said:

I’m not sure I agree. 

I just think the SEC have bigger fish to fry right now, Crypto is a drop in the ocean and they probably don’t give it much of a 2nd thought. If institutional money was itching to get in then they would have regulated it by now. 

I just don’t think there is any institutional demand and so the SEC couldn’t really care less

So Bakkt got $750 million in investments so that is not showing demand?

13 minutes ago, tony71 said:

So Bakkt got $750 million in investments so that is not showing demand?

It’s just an exchange where instituions can buy and sell BTC. Even if it does eventually launch it’s no guarantee that it will drive the volume we want.

8 minutes ago, EWH2020 said:

It’s just an exchange where instituions can buy and sell BTC. Even if it does eventually launch it’s no guarantee that it will drive the volume we want.

That is only one. There is ErisX which is already providing custodial solutions for its high networth clients and then there is Nasdaq and Fidelity.  

The main focus is regulation which SEC is having a meeting may 31st which I may attend.  

Noticed how Russia , EU , Japan , and India are all getting the regulations out of the way by summer? 

I say by end of summer we will slowly see the effects. 

Noticed how Russia , EU , Japan , and India are all getting the regulations out of the way by summer? 

Exactly. They have fewer entrenched systems to protect in order to stay viable. Early IoV adopters should see their economies (citizen wealth) expand as they are freed from existing regulatory constraints on digital currencies (regulatory clarity). Everything will be tokenized and probably sooner than we might think..... Liquidity - from hard assets to soft and back again all within seconds, thats the plan.

The current SEC policy (stall to protect) is only harming the future US economy and its citizens.

Edited by Guest

95% of All Volume is fake! 

The billions "we think we see" is really 60-70 million a day trading. The whole space is still a joke compared to the 100% real 60 billion traded a day on the NYSE.

I'm in the camp that says this takes YEARS to get where we were 1/2018.

42 minutes ago, 010101 said:

The billions "we think we see" is really 60-70 million a day trading. The whole space is still a joke compared to the 100% real 60 billion traded a day on the NYSE.

Although I agree that some exchanges are certainly shady in reporting, I certainly don't think that we're in a situation where an absurdly vast majority of all crypto flow is fake. Absolutely everything is hard to prove factually with how expansive crypto is, but I don't think it'll take years and years to figure out where its value stands and what benefits it can provide that haven't been made real just yet.

As long as crypto provides a solution to something that is an issue, it'll survive and hopefully thrive. What won't thrive is the thousands of different tokens out there. Tokens, and the businesses that created/support them, can only specialize so far before they become too niche or can't compete with others that can accommodate multiple tasks in a better fashion.

2 hours ago, 010101 said:

It is not fake 

https://xrptracker.kka72.com/#

I agree with you in the vision that Cryptos become a sort of safe haven for the deflationary properties of a finite asset, similar to gold in the event of a financial meltdown. I have heard an argument that In a contracting economy there will not be as much money available to invest in cryptos so the crypto market will tether with the equities (stock) market. While that may be true for the average joe retail investor, I can see some reallocation of high net worth individual’s portfolios begin to get some exposure into cryptos that would spike demand.

The inverted yield curve has predicted every recession in the past 50 years,  which historically has it following 10-30 months from today.  

The SEC is likely not protecting conventional equities markets, but certainly at the hands of the federal reserve by controlling the money supply through interest rates who just recetly announced there will be no more increases this year signaling they fear a slowing economy. They have also artificially inflated the economy the past decade through treasury buybacks (quantitive easing) during Obama’s presidency. Trump and Congress are temporarily pumping money into the economy with the tax cuts and you better believe republicans will do anything they can tod continue to inflate things with an election year coming (Democrats would do the exact same thing).  

When the recession does inevitably come, it is going to especially hurt due to the fact that unlike credit bubble of 2008, the USA can’t afford to spend their way out this time without major consequences towards inflation and unsustainable debt levels.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, 010101 said:

You can believe that or the 226 page report presented to the SEC by Bitwise.

i saw the report, it showed a bunch of ******, shady exchanges faking volume while all the majors dont. the headlines were a bit sensational. 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, Sio2yH2O said:

Could be however if there was no institutional demand then why all the infrastructure builds during this bear market? Globally there is a big push, yet in the US the SEC stalls.  

Because the institutional players are smarter than we are. They are building the infrastructure first so they can buy cheaply in the meantime and more importantly they can avoid what happened to us retail crypto investors in late 2017 when crypto demand was not being met with new participants onboarding at crypto exchanges, buyer pressure building up, skyrocketing prices, huge bubble and subsequent crash, so that when they invest they don't have to worry about the same consequences that we faced.

This is not 'gospel'. just my opinion.