Sign in to follow this  
lauferdc01

How Much Per-Paycheck Do You Put Into XRP

I buy $100 worth every paycheck ever since last April. I also use any windfalls such as poker winnings 100% for XRP. I’ve got double the amount I originally was happy with and will keep buying until the next bull run whenever that is. Trying to make myself a millionaire off this investment and every month my sell price to get there drops a couple dollars.

2 hours ago, 010101 said:

NONE. Coin moves slowly, has a massive coin count, if it starts to move on something epic I'll buy more, but no guarantees with this one. 25% of my portfolio is XRP and it hasn't move in months. I'm fine if it jumps 10-15%% before I buy extra if the news is truly that mind blowing, but I don't expect that this year.

Word to the wise - xrp bleeds slowly and for what seems like forever, but when it flips it does so very quickly.  If/when the breakout does occur, you'll be lucky to catch it at 15% premium over the starting price.  The breakouts have thus far also not followed any particular FA announcements / triggers. 

fwiw - your approach is sensible, but I'm not sure that it fits the personality of this particular coin.

9 minutes ago, automatic said:

Word to the wise - xrp bleeds slowly and for what seems like forever, but when it flips it does so very quickly.  If/when the breakout does occur, you'll be lucky to catch it at 15% premium over the starting price.  The breakouts have thus far also not followed any particular FA announcements / triggers. 

fwiw - your approach is sensible, but I'm not sure that it fits the personality of this particular coin.

It flips very quickly and falls back down like a rock in no-time. If there is one thing I have learned, then it is locking in profits and being patient in getting back in at good entry levels. That whole “missing the boat” thing is overrated in my opinion.

3 hours ago, herbdizzle said:

I buy $100 worth every paycheck ever since last April. I also use any windfalls such as poker winnings 100% for XRP. I’ve got double the amount I originally was happy with and will keep buying until the next bull run whenever that is. Trying to make myself a millionaire off this investment and every month my sell price to get there drops a couple dollars.

That's all well and good if by the time you go to sell for that Million dollars you haven't sunk $999,999.00 into it. Lol

Nothing new currently. I put an amount in in 2017 I was fine with losing.  Still playing with those funds and have picked up other coins in the process.  All depends on your comfort level and ability to lose money and be comfortable with that.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, automatic said:

Not true moves slow..but everyone's opinion of fast and slow is different. 

2nd piece is with BAT, BNB, ELF, RVN and (a few other smaller positions) my crypto portfolio is up significantly on the year. XRP is down on the year.

Edited by 010101
Added

I'm done buying, or so I keep telling myself. I've overshot my initial hold target by more than twice the amount of xrp (just a modest bag by any standard, don't rob me) but I used to buy in small chunks per paycheck, say 300 euro every month or two and by selling some nintendo collectibles I was comfortable parting with. Nothing I can't overcome if xrp goes venezuela on us.

I don't have a paycheck, but I've purchased a bunch for a long-term hold. I'm trading in and out of the rest for shorter-term gains. The latter portion never leaves the exchange.

I've only been in the crypto game since Feb. As I feel late to the crypto game and feel I've missed previous opportunities- due to not buying bitcoin in the early days - and some people speculating "wen moon" I've been trying to buy as much as I can right now. I have tried to buy less luxury goods this month to allow me to buy as much XRP as possible. 

I've also for some reason bought a small amount of litecoin and cardano (£50 buys over a 1000, so made sense) I need to start looking at other ways to make money too if I want to retire at a good age - assuming I get success

Sadly I'm not a very patient guy. I check prices nearly every opportunity I get. I need to break out of this as it will drive me mad. If anyone has tips on this let me know 🤪. I need something to alert me when prices go up significantly.

Good luck with your investments.

3 minutes ago, Crypkey said:

I've only been in the crypto game since Feb. As I feel late to the crypto game and feel I've missed previous opportunities- due to not buying bitcoin in the early days - and some people speculating "wen moon" I've been trying to buy as much as I can right now. I have tried to buy less luxury goods this month to allow me to buy as much XRP as possible. 

I've also for some reason bought a small amount of litecoin and cardano (£50 buys over a 1000, so made sense) I need to start looking at other ways to make money too if I want to retire at a good age - assuming I get success

Sadly I'm not a very patient guy. I check prices nearly every opportunity I get. I need to break out of this as it will drive me mad. If anyone has tips on this let me know 🤪. I need something to alert me when prices go up significantly.

Good luck with your investments.

Not sure if you're aware...there are a number of portfolio tracking apps for mobile devices. I use GEM.

https://gem.co/

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Not sure if you're aware...there are a number of portfolio tracking apps for mobile devices. I use GEM.

https://gem.co/

Omg I just bricked it. I thought you meant someone will get my IP off my phone/post and track me to torture me for my Crypto. I think you mean an app to track price rises.....

/breathes a sigh of relief 🤣

Edited by Crypkey

15 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Well I don't but buy XRP directly with my paychecks.  I use my day job to service the debt I have accrued in exchange for XRP, so my paychecks technically are an indirect investment.  I have already liquidated the 401K, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, 529 College Fund, maxed loan to debt ratios on the home equity, title loan on car, tapped into checkings and savings account, emergency fund, applied and maxed out several credit cards, took out itemized personal loans, enrolled back into an American college graduate program for basket weaving to take the max out on student loans to reinvest into crypo, capitalized all margin trades on traditional investment brokerage accounts, and even accepted money in a briefcase from a guy named Steve wearing a Charcoal Colored Suit behind Walmart.

Hey @ManBearPig, Steve here. It was a slate colored suit. Where’s my money man? Pay up! 

Sign in to follow this