Sign in to follow this  
Panosmek

Mercury FX CEO: We’re sending tens of thousands of dollars weekly through xRapid

4 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Every person with a double digit IQ would understand my actual question, but you decided to be original for no reason. Keep hunting for those likes.

If I understand correctly, you would be searching for transactions between the Mexican and Filipino exchanges that could belong to anyone, so you actually could never pinpoint an xRapid transaction per se. You could speculate if it was xRapid or just a person sending his XRP from one exchange wallet to another. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

The volume you are looking for is therefore hidden in the total volume of both the Mexican and Filipino exchanges. I guess you could go fishing for transactions made between the two exchanges, then try to catch the sell orders on either side that match the transacted amount of XRP, if exchanges provide that kind of information through their API.

5 minutes ago, QWE said:

If I understand correctly, you would be searching for transactions between the Mexican and Filipino exchanges that could belong to anyone, so you actually could never pinpoint an xRapid transaction per se. You could speculate if it was xRapid or just a person sending his XRP from one exchange wallet to another. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

The volume you are looking for is therefore hidden in the total volume of both the Mexican and Filipino exchanges. I guess you could go fishing for transactions made between the two exchanges, then try to catch the sell orders on either side that match the transacted amount of XRP, if exchanges provide that kind of information through their API.

I think they were also using, at least initially, the USD -> MXN corridor.

The only xRapid tx that I know of which JK posted about 1 year ago is this - https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/transactions/29E4F8E81B3E5F5E5A9A5766D1C56992E6D4F18ED62DFBEC3FBCE14189FEE871

Note that the two wallets are actually Bitstamp and Bitso. I guess, if we search for some small outgoing transactions from Bitstamp's wallet to Bitso's wallet we could maybe find some xRapid txs, but I don't think anyone was able to track it. 

19 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

I think they were also using, at least initially, the USD -> MXN corridor.

The only xRapid tx that I know of which JK posted about 1 year ago is this - https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/transactions/29E4F8E81B3E5F5E5A9A5766D1C56992E6D4F18ED62DFBEC3FBCE14189FEE871

Note that the two wallets are actually Bitstamp and Bitso. I guess, if we search for some small outgoing transactions from Bitstamp's wallet to Bitso's wallet we could maybe find some xRapid txs, but I don't think anyone was able to track it. 

Yes, that was one of the corridors that they confirmed to be using. If you could identify Mercury FX's destination tags (if they do not constantly change) in a corridor, you might be able to follow the transactions that way. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

Anyone asking "where are the txs on the XRPL" probably have no idea what they are talking about because you can't track an xRapid payment. XRP/MXN pair on Bitso has $100k+ DAILY volume and the xRapid volume is inside there, we can't know how much exacly unless you search transactions between Bitso and Bittrex/Bitstamp/Coins.ph and that would be speculation too.

Edited by Panosmek

6 minutes ago, Panosmek said:

Anyone asking "where are the txs on the XRPL" probably have no idea what they are talking about because you can't track an xRapid payment. XRP/MXN pair on Bitso has $100k+ DAILY volume and the xRapid volume is inside there, we can't know how much exacly unless you search transactions between Bitso and Bittrex/Bitstamp/Coins.ph and that would be speculation too.

So 1 year ago when xRapid wasn't 'live' the XRP/MXN pair was in the millions, now it's $100k. How many people/txs do you think there will be from Bitstamp to Bitso daily when the volume is that poor? Surely, you should at least have some set of txs that might be xRapid, no?