What about Allvor on the XRP Ledger?

Based on this article, XRP Integrated With E-Commerce Platform Powering 3.3 Million Online Stores – The Ripple Effect, found on The Daily HODL, XRP and Ripple is now moving in on the ALLVOR specified market. I'm sure there is room for all, but isn't it bad form (or maybe just business) to take over the market area trying to add liquidity to XRP through use of it's ledger? 

Does this even have any implications whatsoever on ALLVOR, who states as their almost single goal is to rise as the best WooCommerce payment system using crypto on the XRP Ledger? And they are actively contributing to the XRP Ledger success and have distributed large amounts of it's coin to us. Why wouldn't Ripple invest in ALLVOR and support future ledger endeavors instead of basically saying if you use the XRP Ledger we will steal your goal and make it our own. 

Feel free to straighten me out here.

https://dailyhodl.com/2019/03/16/xrp-integrated-with-e-commerce-platform-powering-3-3-million-online-stores-the-ripple-effect/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Edited by Guest

Allvor could have just used the native currency XRP to develop their platform and services - I see the IOU as redundant and self serving.  I would ask (as has been done before) why didn't they just use XRP and develop some sort of revenue model based on the implementation of it?  Why the coin at all when XRP is readily available and has many existing payment rails to take advantage of? 

One could just as easily make the case that Allvor is in fact the one encroaching on XRP utility and using the ledger against it.

IMHO a token was created where one wasn't needed - a poor execution of a good idea.

10 minutes ago, ZIGXRP said:

Allvor could have just used the native currency XRP to develop their platform and services - I see the IOU as redundant and self serving.  I would ask (as has been done before) why didn't they just use XRP and develop some sort of revenue model based on the implementation of it?  Why the coin at all when XRP is readily available and has many existing payment rails to take advantage of? 

One could just as easily make the case that Allvor is in fact the one encroaching on XRP utility and using the ledger against it.

IMHO a token was created where one wasn't needed - a poor execution of a good idea.

I think most of the community probably knows why.  You don't have to be a genius to figure out why issue another token when the one on the same network could be used for the same purpose.

Edited by richxrp

5 minutes ago, richxrp said:

I think most of the community probably knows why.  You don't have to be a genius to figure out why issue another token when the one on the same network could be used for the same purpose.

Yes, I completely agree - it was intended as a redundant question.  

Post edit - Now also consider that if Allvor had instead chosen to use XRP to use on the platform, they would be well ahead of the game by now, adopted by the growing community, likely have had Ripple backing, and possibly even Xpring funding to support it.  They gave up alot for the sake of using their own token and the motives behind that are questionable.

Edited by ZIGXRP

How is what allvor has done any different than what Bob Way suggested in that video clip regarding why it is unnecessary to fork Ripple in order to create your own currency? It doesn't seem strange to me that they want to do this, assuming they can justify the value added service that underlies it.

I haven't checked to see if Bob's book group has raised this question yet, but it seems like one he'd be interested in expanding on.

1 hour ago, jag216 said:

How is what allvor has done any different than what Bob Way suggested in that video clip regarding why it is unnecessary to fork Ripple in order to create your own currency? It doesn't seem strange to me that they want to do this, assuming they can justify the value added service that underlies it.

I haven't checked to see if Bob's book group has raised this question yet, but it seems like one he'd be interested in expanding on.

The only XRP fork that matters and will in the long run is CSC.

Edited by zenkert

1 hour ago, jag216 said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet either so I hope you don’t mind...  I linked your post into the unanswered questions thread in his club.

3 hours ago, zenkert said:

Had some Allvor for free, sold and bought XRP, never looked back. Allvor is doomed to be forgotten.

Where does one sell their aforementioned ALV ?

Edit: Meh, don't worry. Found it on Gatehub.... $4 worth. Guess I'll be going to work tomorrow still. :JC_thinking:

Edited by XRP-JAG

1 hour ago, XRP-JAG said:

Where does one sell their aforementioned ALV ?

Edit: Meh, don't worry. Found it on Gatehub.... $4 worth. Guess I'll be going to work tomorrow still. :JC_thinking:

I used the Rippex wallet back then to trade them directly on the XRP ledger

8 hours ago, Wizann said:

Based on this article, XRP Integrated With E-Commerce Platform Powering 3.3 Million Online Stores – The Ripple Effect, found on The Daily HODL, XRP and Ripple is now moving in on the ALLVOR specified market. I'm sure there is room for all, but isn't it bad form (or maybe just business) to take over the market area trying to add liquidity to XRP through use of it's ledger? 

Does this even have any implications whatsoever on ALLVOR, who states as their almost single goal is to rise as the best WooCommerce payment system using crypto on the XRP Ledger? And they are actively contributing to the XRP Ledger success and have distributed large amounts of it's coin to us. Why wouldn't Ripple invest in ALLVOR and support future ledger endeavors instead of basically saying if you use the XRP Ledger we will steal your goal and make it our own. 

Feel free to straighten me out here.

https://dailyhodl.com/2019/03/16/xrp-integrated-with-e-commerce-platform-powering-3-3-million-online-stores-the-ripple-effect/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Hello Wizann!
We also believe there is room for various initiatives involving XRP Ledger in e-commerce, including Allvor and XRP. It is a global market of more than 3 trillion dollars (https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/article/global-ecommerce-sales/) and the volume of purchases with cryptocurrencies represents a small fraction of that total, still.
If crypto-coins reach 5% of global e-ecommerce (US $ 150 billion), this would already be more than the sum of all cryptocurrencies listed in CMC today.
So in our opinion there is plenty of room for good projects, which use appropriate technologies, as is the case with XRP and Allvor.

We are fans of WietWised, it does great things. We do not have support from Ripple and we try to use technology with a lot of responsibility. We never thought about Ripple's support of Allvor, we believe they have another focus. But that could be interesting.

2018 (Allvor was released on March 29), was a very difficult year for all cryptocurrencies.
We launched Allvor Pay recently, with plugin for WooCommerce, and we were listed on the first exchange, Criptohub.
We will have the plugin for Magento and other platforms ahead.
We have a lot to do, of course. We are just in the beginning.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, rootvegetable said:

ALV is a non backed IOU on the XRPL. Anyone can create as many ALV as they want, and also back them with nothing. Create eleventy billion of them if you want.

Hello, it is not possible for a third party to issue an ALV linked to the Allvor account. You can issue an ALV linked to your account, but this is not an Allvor:
1. You will not be able to negotiate this ALV on the XRP Ledger DEX along with the ALVs from the Allvor project.
2. You also can not deposit such an ALV on Criptohub.
3. And you can only make a payment on Allvor Pay with ALV from the Allvor project.
Thank you!

3 hours ago, Allvor said:

Hello, it is not possible for a third party to issue an ALV linked to the Allvor account. You can issue an ALV linked to your account, but this is not an Allvor:
1. You will not be able to negotiate this ALV on the XRP Ledger DEX along with the ALVs from the Allvor project.
2. You also can not deposit such an ALV on Criptohub.
3. And you can only make a payment on Allvor Pay with ALV from the Allvor project.
Thank you!

Good to hear from you Allvor and thank you for explaining that.... there is much confusion regarding your project... personally, I am rooting for you as I have several ALV from your airdrop to XRP hodlers... Are you (ALV) finally on an exchange? I know  you were supposed to be on that exchange in Brazil but that kept getting pushed back... and back... and back... I eventually stopped following updates.... at any rate, what exchanges is Allvor actively listed on?

Thank you!