I like it, but it sounds a lot like the same strategy of Justin Sun and Tron......but I do recognize that there is probably plenty of room for both projects in such a huge market. Anything that leads to use of the token for payment works for me. That's exactly what I want to see. More use by regular people and not just banks,

Thanks @Hodor,  A double treat this morning!.  I'll have to have a second cup of coffee. after this one.

Great information and a great read as always!. Thanks again!

Thanks Hodor for succinctly putting together the fact that XRP will not just be reliant on cross border transactions. There is a new "game" in town, and I guess, like you say, we cannot yet know where other directions will come from. Brilliant as usual

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, xrpmommy said:

our Brad is on board

Like... BG is mentioned as one of the people involved personally? 

Wow - that says a lot about how confident he is in this new use case!  :yess:

Hmmm - I see the picture there, but I'm still not completely sure he's involved personally - it could just be RISE's way of saying "Ripple's Xpring?"

RISE.thumb.jpg.9ce8e451a2de96cd23fd76c265176414.jpg

Edited by Hodor

Posted (edited)

Incredible -  We have to have renaissance minds to keep up with the detail of developments across Ripple's expanding front. 

Every other post on Etoro is a complaint that XRP will never rise because Ripple are selling so much XRP over the counter.  I see posts on XRPchat fretting that perhaps it is "now or never", and rumours that XRP might somehow be floundering and being outflanked.  These are the FUD messages of the moment, and large numbers of people are being put off XRP because they are simply not seeing the big picture. The huge amounts of money that are being drawn into the XRP ecosystem  by the OTC sales are being carefully managed.   

XRP have the best bridge currency technology, team and a strategy to get themselves adopted in the traditional Fintech marketplace and new emerging markets of mobile micropayments.  Added to that the OTC give them more money than their rivals to cultivate and develop a dominant position monetising the gaming and social media sectors where their brand will become a household name.  All the pistons are firing together, the machine is gathering momentum. Far from being outflanked XRP is actually putting more and more space between itself and the rest.

I just purchased another 1000 XRP.   

Edited by Julian_Williams

22 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The huge amounts of money that are being drawn into the XRP ecosystem  by the OTC sales are being carefully managed.   

When I have any doubts, I remember how much XRP both Brad Garlinghouse and Chris Larsen own.   And Ripple, of course.

The value of XRP, and the size of its ecosystem, are absolutely critical to all of these interests that own so much of the crypto-asset.  They have a lot to win or lose, and I firmly believe they are going to win - and big. 

Posted (edited)

Great piece. Very well laid out and easily consumed. 

I have a question though, I saw Scooter's tweet but I wasn't certain if it was related to anything in particular. I just figured it could be about a new album, an event, etc. The guy has got so many followers, some for the music, some for xrp. Was there any explanation from Scooter what it was specifically related to? 

Edited by LordVetinari

10 minutes ago, Hodor said:

When I have any doubts, I remember how much XRP both Brad Garlinghouse and Chris Larsen own.   And Ripple, of course. 

The value of XRP, and the size of its ecosystem, are absolutely critical to all of these interests that own so much of the crypto-asset.  They have a lot to win or lose, and I firmly believe they are going to win - and big. 

After we have a certain amount of money we are driven more by improving our status than gaining more money.  This is why I find the awarding of huge salaries obscene.  People are not driven by money they are driven by wanting to be admired and valued.   I think they are enjoying the creative process of setting up their empire

3 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Was there any explanation from Scooter what it was specifically related to? 

No - and I think you're correct; most of his followers are also followers of the acts that he represents. 

But he's also got a big investment with Ripple, so perhaps it does?  The tweet was sufficiently vague!

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

After we have a certain amount of money we are driven more by improving our status than gaining more money.  This is why I find the awarding of huge salaries obscene.  People are not driven by money they are driven by wanting to be admired and valued.   I think they are enjoying the creative process of setting up their empire

Not on the scale we're talking.  I'll agree to disagree there - we're talking about billions in difference based on a few cents' price of XRP. 

The difference in their fortunes and lifestyle based on the difference between a $.33 XRP vs. $3.00 XRP is super-massive.