Answer chat: My Dinner with David

2 hours ago, ixb2454 said:

I am a little bit surprised that you talked like that with competitors. 

The thing is,   that It’s not suddenly revealing a Teleporter or an Anti-grav belt....   some black box that no-one else can figure out.

It’s very nature is that everyone will be aware of the overall scheme of the thing.  

So apart from the internal IP and pipelined customers,  there is no point in trying to hide anything.  In fact the reverse...  the more it’s known and understood the more uptake.  

Thats my view anyway.  

Well, if Bob was talking with them for 15 minutes i would agree with you but from what i have read, it seems he was revealing Teleporter to them for few hours at that time. I would be happy to hear his thoughts though... 

13 minutes ago, BobWay said:

The funny thing is that the XRP Ledger (formerly Ripple Ledger) were not and are not competitors. They simply don't do the same thing at all. In fact they are completely complementary.

• The XRP (Ripple) Ledger is an accounting system that executes multi-party atomic (rippling) payments.
  • SWIFT is a secure reliable email system between bank. The messages just tell the banks how they should so the accounting.

Swift works great for what it does. Messaging. They say they've never lost a message and I believe them. The problem is with the sequential nature of the messages. This causes different banks to do their internal accounting at different times. If some forget or fail to do their part, the end-to-end payment fails. But in reality, this failure has ZERO to do with swift.

What I wanted to do was let SWIFT continue to be the end-to-end messaging layer. This allows every bank along the chain to decide if they want to participate in a payment. Once everyone agrees, the Ripple (XRPL) then makes sure that NO ONE can screw up the accounting. Atomic means, everyone or no one.

So you can see, it would have been a beautiful partnership. I really can't see how I f***ed that up. Sorry Ripple. Mea Culpa

Why would every bank be necessary? Surely there would be a consensus layer that would have been used to speed up approval.

1 minute ago, DividendGamer said:

#YangGang #Yang2020 #YangGang2020 #FreedomDividend

I honestly don't like his chances,  but then again there's been a b-grade movie star and a tv reality star , what next Oprah Winfrey. He's got great ethics , but that's not what politicians have in abundance.

1 hour ago, BobWay said:

If SWIFT has partnered with Ripple early on, all the work of that new messaging layer could have been built more quickly upon SWIFTS existing infrastructure and relationships.

Dumb question why not incentivize a big player like them by handing over XRP to proliferate the ecosystem. 

8 hours ago, Truckdriver said:

I honestly don't like his chances,  but then again there's been a b-grade movie star and a tv reality star , what next Oprah Winfrey. He's got great ethics , but that's not what politicians have in abundance.

He is the template for the Millennial political candidate.

Modern solutions to modern problems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.