Still1

Is XRP YouTube speculation getting worse?

Posted (edited)

I have been following 5 different YouTube crypto channels for over a year. I don't want to mention any names because I believe that the intentions are probably good but some of the more popular channels are getting a little carried away with their own personal bias and exaggerating the news in my opinion. I'm wondering if anyone else has been noticing this? I understand there is excitement in the space but I don't think this is necessary 😳😳

Edited by Still1
Missed word

Posted (edited)

I know there are some great channels but I really don’t care for any of it, I’d rather read articles and information myself and form my own opinions. 

You must remember the underlying motives are usually views, more “bullish” news+dot connecting/hype == more views (especially in this bear market) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ryyy20

Utube is a pay-per-click model that encourages all kinds of speculations, because people tend to eat that kind of thing up (like the latest possibly unfounded rumors), while the more mundane reality-based guys suffer in comparison. It's infotainment.

I watch it but I invest in XRP and other cryptos based on my research, not that of daily pumpers, even ones with the best of intentions.  I follow about 10 people on utube, and maybe 4 or 5 are the ones I think are any kind of good. I get my information from reading, talking to fellow investors in various places and I always find at least one person I call my mentor. 

37 minutes ago, Still1 said:

I have been following 5 different YouTube crypto channels for over a year. I don't want to mention any names because I believe that the intentions are probably good but some of the more popular channels are getting a little carried away with their own personal bias and exaggerating the news in my opinion. I'm wondering if anyone else has been noticing this? I understand there is excitement in the space but I don't think this is necessary 😳😳

Same here. They’re now all complete junk. Each one is worse than the next. Cannot even Watch a second of it. 

Unfortunately so many of them are the XRP is fedcoin thing like XRP is gonna replace the US dollar sometime soon now to attract the delusional XRP investors.

It’s getting worse to the point where I just watch randomly..

A few of them are just cashing in on the YouTube money while they wait for XRP to moon ..

I run a channel to basically talk about xrp and express myself. Not gonna lie I speculate, but this is what I'm into. I enjoy BSing about being part of that community. I honestly believe in my investment and am excited about the future for XRP and some other cryptos. I can see that some channels will take tiny news snippets and blow them out of proportion. It's easy to get wrapped up in the hype sometimes.

Posted (edited)

Its why I don't hype on my channel, the hype is ridiculous. These "XRP to $1000 is conservative" or "Banks write to Fed to tell SWIFT to use XRP" videos are harmful and dangerous to new investors.

People make up the BS to get views and the defend them to the death to maintain those views.

Edited by Archbob

Its all tied to bitcoin.  There wont be a major ah ha moment for XRP for years until weve ridden the next giant institutional wave up in 1-4 years.  Visa could move all their business to XRP and it would not help much.  We need rampant global speculation from normal people on top of institutional money pumping buying bitcoin.  Think irrational real estate market before 2008 and the most recent pump from a year ago. 1 in 100,000 people know what XRP means and you think the price is going to pop. Get Real

Problem with most of the Youtube channels is that click-bait titles, hype etc. is getting you views (as you are basically saying what people want to hear). And views = money. Most of them have bought near the top and are now a bit desperate. Although I can't imagine they give too much of a fuсk about XRP (valid for other crypto Youtube shillers as well btw) as long as Youtube cash is flowing.  

A couple of years ago I've watched some crypto channels occasionally, now I just scan through Alessio's videos from time to time and that's about it.

Lol. They have always been like this. They where even worse around begin to mid 2018.

They start to get annoying now because the bear market sh!ts proves other wise.

If it were up to them we would all be driving bentlies now and popping bottles and what not.

Instead most of us are popping ramen packages.