kenrino

Accenture Payments predictions for 2019

and considering his old boss, Jeremy Light joined Ripple late last year they know where we are headed.  I remember being astounded reading Jeremy's predictions on 2015 and 2016 when I was doing my due diligence before investing in 2017.  It's like he had a crystal ball how accurate he was.  

3 hours ago, Lamberth said:

I really liked his predictions. Then I checked his predictions from 2018 and was a bit disappointed..

https://bankingblog.accenture.com/payments-predictions-remainder-2018

I'm not sure what there is to be disappointed about? I read through both of these and in both he says: "Ripple’s network for cross-border transactions will grow significantly, attracting more banks and corporates, which will lead to rising transaction volume."  This sounds pretty good to me.....

45 minutes ago, WuWei said:

I'm not sure what there is to be disappointed about? I read through both of these and in both he says: "Ripple’s network for cross-border transactions will grow significantly, attracting more banks and corporates, which will lead to rising transaction volume."  This sounds pretty good to me.....

2018 and 2019 are almost copy/paste. He should have really said “general trends for the next 5 years”..

12 hours ago, codiusrex said:

He didn’t mention anything about this...

Because it's not a true competitor. I actually see it as a positive sign as it is digitizing the flow of money inside banks. As far as I understand, IBM is using the Stellar network to issue new stablecoins (not XLM) to assist banks in creating their own stablecoins instead of having to build their own networks such as JPM did.

A bank issued stablecoin is very helpful to make liquidity flow inside the banks own walled garden, but no other bank wants to hold it's competitors coin. So there has to be a bridging currency connecting all those walled gardens around the globe to exchange from one stablecoin to another.

Take a guess what XRP's purpose is.

5 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Take a guess what XRP's purpose is.

Why hasn’t XRP’s purpose (value) been developed and widely adopted for cross border payments to the point where its demand is visible and drives market accumulation?

EXAMPLE:

Give me a SquareSpace plug-in that accepts any mode of payment on the front end but utilizes ILP and XRP as the bridge asset on the back end to give me the best exchange rate at that moment. Do you realize HOW VALUABLE THIS PLUGIN IS TO COMMERCE ???   Anyone? Anyone?

If I’m not mistaken, a similar plugin was used to demonstrate ILP back in Germany some time ago; it accepted XBT payment then translated it to another currency in seconds. I was really pumped to see this released into the wild as a top-shelf product but....