XRP vs XLM - technology?

Hi guys,

i have read in a few german article about crypto that Stallar may have the better technology than Ripple. But they never went in detail about this statement. Could Stellar really be dangerous? I know Ripple has an big lead with his cooperations and so on ... but from the technical side, the system behind the token? What's your opinion?

Best regards, Django ( - the d is silent)

5 minutes ago, Django said:

Hi guys,

i have read in a few german article about crypto that Stallar may have the better technology than Ripple. But they never went in detail about this statement. Could Stellar really be dangerous? I know Ripple has an big lead with his cooperations and so on ... but from the technical side, the system behind the token? What's your opinion?

Best regards, Django ( - the d is silent)

Yo, Jango! (coincidentally and fittingly,  the "D" is broken on my keyboard).

Throw out some links if you got em.... the only thing I can think of that might have spread such an article out into the German region is the following by Weiss Ratings.... 

I would start by reading all about them, what the community thinks about them, and the history they have with their ratings regarding cryptocurrencies.... Good luck Jango!

1 hour ago, 010101 said:

I dont expect anything tom from Stellar, but Ripple isnt cleaning up shop either, so we will see.

how are they not "cleaning up shop"...they have over 200 direct partnerships plus agreements with R3 corda and SBI VC, they are working to change the ecosystem. Please clarify what you mean by not "cleaning up shop"...

1 hour ago, XRPLearner said:

how are they not "cleaning up shop"...they have over 200 direct partnerships plus agreements with R3 corda and SBI VC, they are working to change the ecosystem. Please clarify what you mean by not "cleaning up shop"...

I would venture a guess that he means they aren't cleaning up shop because the price isn't moving at all...but I could be wrong as to his reasoning.

1 hour ago, XRPLearner said:

We all have different metrics we judge our beloved Ripple and even more beloved XRP by don't we! I don't care about any release that involves Ripple giving another company/project millions of XRP nor do I care about any "partnership" that only does a handful of transactions in 3-6 months.

This forum used to say watch all of these "partnerships" using xCurrent will just flip the switch to xRapid! I'm not even sure I care about that too much these days because I don't see it happening either even though xRapid has been live 5 months. I care about BANKS real BANKS not Euro Exim (900k in asset banks) the rest all you guys/gals can argue about IOV, Video games, gambling, or whatever other latest buzzword is popular. I believe until real banks start using XRP I don't believe there will be a MOON.

So, to me Ripple releases a lot of PR's, Brad talks a lot, I just don't see a lot of those PR's correlating to real XRP usage I own other coins that have done well, so I'm not complaining about crypto, but XRP hasn't done anything this year. Where are the banks Brad?

9 minutes ago, 010101 said:

We all have different metrics we judge our beloved Ripple and even more beloved XRP by don't we! I don't care about any release that involves Ripple giving another company/project millions of XRP nor do I care about any "partnership" that only does a handful of transactions in 3-6 months.

This forum used to say watch all of these "partnerships" using xCurrent will just flip the switch to xRapid! I'm not even sure I care about that too much these days because I don't see it happening either even though xRapid has been live 5 months. I care about BANKS real BANKS not Euro Exim (900k in asset banks) the rest all you guys/gals can argue about IOV, Video games, gambling, or whatever other latest buzzword is popular. I believe until real banks start using XRP I don't believe there will be a MOON.

So, to me Ripple releases a lot of PR's, Brad talks a lot, I just don't see a lot of those PR's correlating to real XRP usage I own other coins that have done well, so I'm not complaining about crypto, but XRP hasn't done anything this year. Where are the banks Brad?

just because its not used yet does not mean they aren't doing great work

1 minute ago, XRPLearner said:

just because its not used yet does not mean they aren't doing great work

I have no personal investment in Ripple or XRP it is just another investment. They could be Tesla for all we know, but "who got the credit for decades" I just care about the global/commercial usage and the price of XRP.

If I can make more money on DOGE coin that is a problem don't you think?

4 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Yo, Jango! (coincidentally and fittingly,  the "D" is broken on my keyboard).

:lol::dirol:

//-------------------------//

I'm in work right now and the boss is in my neck, so i currently can't search all the articles.

But as @EcneitapLatnem already said, they are all about Weiss Ratings and IBM. Per example this one: https://www.kryptokumpel.de/kryptowaehrungen/weiss-ratings-technologie-von-stellar-xlm-ist-ripple-xrp-ueberlegen/ - 30-40 banks should use Stellar in the near future. I know, not a big number BUT whats if the technology should truly be better and maybe cheaper?

Why should the Stellar technology should have an advantage over XRP? They don't explain it ...

Edited by Django
6 minutes ago, 010101 said:

I have no personal investment in Ripple or XRP it is just another investment. They could be Tesla for all we know, but "who got the credit for decades" I just care about the global/commercial usage and the price of XRP.

alright, well none of what you are saying makes sense to "not cleaning up shop" as in Ripple the company. Go buy DOGE and leave xrpchat alone. Have a wonderful day :)

12 minutes ago, XRPLearner said:

alright, well none of what you are saying makes sense to "not cleaning up shop" as in Ripple the company. Go buy DOGE and leave xrpchat alone. Have a wonderful day :)

I don't want to buy DOGE lol was just using it as a example.....Nikola Tesla great ideas and Edison received credit I'm sure you can see how that could apply to Ripple. You can have the best ideas/tech and just get passed on by. Real true usage will prove who the winners are no PR's.

1 hour ago, 010101 said:

Then make money on DOGE. I don't see the problem here.