Sign in to follow this  
FreedomGundam

Is XRP Volume Don't Budge?

8 hours ago, richxrp said:

It's probably naive to think that only Brad is driving the strategy to make XRP a global bridging asset.  Logic would dictate it would be a commitee of very smart and intelligent business/finance focused people (at least compared to people like you and I.. at least me anyway..)  driving strategies for adoption.

And as always, there's usually an opposing viewpoint that will think differently about how things should be done..

Here's one example (from Bob Way - former ripple employee) that thinks differently about how best to use ripple's stash of XRP to advance their agenda..

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-678305

Well, I hope so, I mean they have a really solid team in there. 

I think it's great for us here in community can share different point of view about how things should be done. 

Thanks for responding my post. 

8 hours ago, richxrp said:

yep.. supply and demand applies.. but supply is increasing steadily and demand is keeping up.. otherwise price will have dropped and keep dropping instead of being stable at .30-.31.. If demand keeps up pace with supply increases, then once supply is cut off, then price will increase. 

However, as you see from the chart, it will take quite a while to distribute the remainder of XRP in escrow.

Are there any possibility that they can only sell to institution only instead to flooding the market?

12 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

Are there any possibility that they can only sell to institution only instead to flooding the market?

I think they are already doing that.. I think programmatic sales are designed to not influence the price too much.. The ultimate goal seems to be to increase liquidity to the point where it is the most liquid digital asset on the planet.

To achieve that goal will take some time. Maybe not this year or the next.. but several years down the road..

.. And if you consider the entire world's population is only about 8 billion, if every person on the planet were to hold XRP there would only be 120 XRP per person to go around.. From that perspective, given ripple's goal, 99 billion XRP is not a humongous amount ...

2 hours ago, richxrp said:

I think they are already doing that.. I think programmatic sales are designed to not influence the price too much.. The ultimate goal seems to be to increase liquidity to the point where it is the most liquid digital asset on the planet.

To achieve that goal will take some time. Maybe not this year or the next.. but several years down the road..

.. And if you consider the entire world's population is only about 8 billion, if every person on the planet were to hold XRP there would only be 120 XRP per person to go around.. From that perspective, given ripple's goal, 99 billion XRP is not a humongous amount ...

What? 

The reason Ripple sells XRP is to make $$$ there is no other reason.

There are 43 billion coins floating around circulation is not the issue.

1 hour ago, 010101 said:

What? 

The reason Ripple sells XRP is to make $$$ there is no other reason.

There are 43 billion coins floating around circulation is not the issue.

I'm sorry @richxrp I think I agree with this one. The only reason why Ripple selss XRP is to make $$$. 

I think as the supply and demand law. If Ripple keep flooding the market with XRP. The price will stay or worse it will plunge.

14 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I'm sorry @richxrp I think I agree with this one. The only reason why Ripple selss XRP is to make $$$. 

I think as the supply and demand law. If Ripple keep flooding the market with XRP. The price will stay or worse it will plunge.

Don't be sorry. To me it's just basically two different and opposing strategies in maximizing the value of XRP.  

1.  Do we want a sudden high octane price increase that will be fuelled by speculation .. and then just as suddenly fall back to the ground once it ends ?.

2.  Or do you want permanent and long lasting value over time to build up the XRP ecosystem by slowly increasing usage and liquidity ?

I would prefer option #2.  The downside is it will take much longer but will build true value in time. Of course either outcome is never guaranteed and you should only invest what you can afford to lose in either case.

Perhaps you can read some comments by other xrpchat members that give some insight into why the slow game is better than the quick and dirty one..

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30758-why-xrp-not-mooning-might-be-goodxpool-possibility-aka-tinfoil-hat-time/

1 hour ago, richxrp said:

Don't be sorry. To me it's just basically two different and opposing strategies in maximizing the value of XRP.  

1.  Do we want a sudden high octane price increase that will be fuelled by speculation .. and then just as suddenly fall back to the ground once it ends ?.

2.  Or do you want permanent and long lasting value over time to build up the XRP ecosystem by slowly increasing usage and liquidity ?

I would prefer option #2.  The downside is it will take much longer but will build true value in time. Of course either outcome is never guaranteed and you should only invest what you can afford to lose in either case.

Perhaps you can read some comments by other xrpchat members that give some insight into why the slow game is better than the quick and dirty one..

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30758-why-xrp-not-mooning-might-be-goodxpool-possibility-aka-tinfoil-hat-time/

But neither scenario requires the selling of XRP. Some have said destroy the remaining coins, but why would Ripple ever do that when they can sell XRP and make $500-$600 million a year? Fund projects with XRP? It truly is a endless win for them this gift of endless $$$! 

This latest video game investment xSpring 100 million is 5x the total coin count of BTC...THAT IS CRAZY. For us investors increasing the circulating supply is bad.

Speculation pump is exactly that and true usage increasing liquidity is another way. 

XRP is lacking in usage.....Ripple just selling XRP for $$$$ is them just making money by selling XRP no different than increasing the share count through a stock offering to fund operations in a traditional company.

The issue currently is lack of usage. BG said "by the end of this year, major banks will use xRapid as a liquidity tool. By the end of next year, I would certainly hope that we will see...in the order of magnitude...dozens."

Where are the banks BG? XRP has massive potential IF banks get on board if they dont it will fail as in no MOON.

Edited by 010101
Spelling

53 minutes ago, richxrp said:

The market has never had a slow and steady rise. I don't know why people assume that it will ever happen, and why they think it is some sort of good thing. The lows have gotten higher and higher through all boom/retracement cycles in the history of crypto.

You're creating a false dichotomy and this slow/steady argument relies entirely on conjecture and what you think "feels logical".

Edited by mrhat75

55 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

The market has never had a slow and steady rise. I don't know why people assume that it will ever happen, and why they think it is some sort of good thing. The lows have gotten higher and higher through all boom/retracement cycles in the history of crypto.

You're creating a false dichotomy and this slow/steady argument relies entirely on conjecture and what you think "feels logical".

Not my creation, that's what happens in the real world, regardless of what it is .. in the long run everything (without exception) tends towards an equilibrium state. 

You can't escape that fate.. It's just that some (or maybe most) of us in the interest of furthering our own financial status (myself included) want instant gratification and don't want to wait and want a big bang ending.  I'm not saying XRP will be successful.. just that at some point in time, it will come to rest..maybe higher than now if the world considers that it still has utility, or zero, if it does not...

Well, for starter I'm not looking for instant gratification. I agree that it takes time to grow. However, all the signed that Ripple giving to community is always contradict with the reality. 

For example:

1. "by the end of this year, major banks will use xRapid as a liquidity tool. By the end of next year, I would certainly hope that we will see...in the order of magnitude...dozens." 

I don't see any major banks use. It's already end of 1Q19 and still nothing.

2. Corda is not using XRP for Swift project --> confirm by R3 executive.

3. JP Morgan start making their own coin. 

4. Ripple keep making money by selling XRP and all the money goes into their pocket. I think they should go public to fund their project, not by selling XRP.

I just see more failing XRP news everyday. That's why I ask if Ripple have good enough team's or not? It doesn't matter how they use Bill Clinton, or Ben Bernanrke, as long as we don't see any progress forward I think I consider as a fail team. 

Now what I see the progress is moving backward. I really hope that Ripple Inc. Will not become a second THERANOS, or worst beat THERANOS in terms of manipulation.

Here's my message to the Ripple's Team.

1. Go Public.:bb:

2. Find better negotiator. Close the deal. Not just bragging in the media, and nothing. angry always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

3. Stop Selling XRP to the public. 100bio XRP it's a lot. You can say you sell 50bio XRP for the people, and hold 50bio XRP to be sold to institution. As you target market is institution, kindly sell to them. 

If anyone agree of my idea, kindly pass this post to the Ripple's team.

Thanks