Sign in to follow this  
FreedomGundam

Is XRP Volume Don't Budge?

I've been checking on XRP Volume for a while. It's been about $600mio daily (plus minus). Well in bad days it only have about $300 mio. 

But, after coinbase, binance, huobi and other exchange listing. Why I don't see major increase in daily trading volume? 

Is that mean we're stuck? I mean there are only us who invest in XRP. I see this is a small community. How to increase more people awareness about XRP. I mean the more the merrier right?

9 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I've been checking on XRP Volume for a while. It's been about $600mio daily (plus minus). Well in bad days it only have about $300 mio. 

But, after coinbase, binance, huobi and other exchange listing. Why I don't see major increase in daily trading volume? 

Is that mean we're stuck? I mean there are only us who invest in XRP. I see this is a small community. How to increase more people awareness about XRP. I mean the more the merrier right?

Look at volume averaged out over the year. Start at 2013 and do all subsequent years. Volume is increasing.

18 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Look at volume averaged out over the year. Start at 2013 and do all subsequent years. Volume is increasing.

While that's true, more than half of the volume now is fake/wash trading - look at the top15 exchanges on XRP trading .. ZBG, ZB.COM, bit-z etc. The fiat volume is what matters at the end of the day, and the fiat volume is pretty appalling. The only volume increase in the past 2 years is probably the XRP/JPY pair.

1 minute ago, iLeeT said:

While that's true, more than half of the volume now is fake/wash trading - look at the top15 exchanges on XRP trading .. ZBG, ZB.COM, bit-z etc. The fiat volume is what matters at the end of the day, and the fiat volume is pretty appalling. The only volume increase in the past 2 years is probably the XRP/JPY pair.

Fake and wash trading :( 100% agree.

Sad.

You need to ask yourself; Why would anyone want to pay real money for XRP, other than speculation? Can you use it to pay for food or shelter as easily as your local fiat? Can you use it to pay for services or your other tax obligations in your local country? I bought my XRP before the big pump and dump of Dec 2017. I then began learning about international finances and RL’s plan for x-border. RL May have the best SW developers in the world, but they understood global exchanges and x-border transfers, less than I did.

They thought XRP would eliminate Nostro/Vostro holdings. They thought XRP would free underproducing countries from the oppression caused by America’s successes. 🙄They actually believed that Govts would not mind a “private company” holding all of the world’s currency, and being able to dump the load based on their own terms.

Since 2017 RL has hired financial professionals, and public speakers to help them with messaging, but unless all govt’s decide ( like Great Britain foolishly did) to give up our own sovereignty to a 1 world Govt and currency, XRP has no logical path for adoption, other than a modern age envelope for “messaging” about value transfer. The actual value transfer will always go through Govt hands, under Govt control. (not anonymous volunteer node operators)

Imagine the power RL would have if XRP had worldwide value? The world’s ability to do business and hold wealth would all be safe guarded by whomever has the private key to the RL wallet. How many RL execs know the key? How is the key secured? How is the key to the escrow passed on if Mr. Garlinghouse or Schwartz suddenly retires or dies? 

I heard that the UN or IMF should hold the escrow funds. This is laughable... Let’s spread the secret key to 30 nations and trust no one will use it for personal gain!

Imagine if XRP went to $100 (tiny fraction of what most members here feel it will be)

That means $2000 per wallet! That is more than the GDP of some of the countries that RL is supposedly going to free from their oppressors! Sounds like an insider’s racket to me. 

XRP was pumped for 1 reason: to help RL fund their business plan, and be taken seriously by the world’s financial business leaders. This worked, and RL has sold  XVia and xCurrent to many FIs, and they are enjoying great success as a “software company”, not a federal reserve.

At least God dumped all of his oil and Gold in the beginning. It laid worthless for 99% of human’s existence, but eventually we found a way to make them valuable commodities. RL needs to do the same. If XRP has value, the world will discover this. But as long as they keep the lionshare locked up in their own wallet, why would any FI or investment firm, convert their own true wealth in the hopes that RL will not continue to cash out on them?

Oh wait, I now hear xPool is coming to save the day.... xPool eats whales and poops profits!!! This time it is for real! Hang on we are about to launch 🚀 (oops is that Stellar?)

Fianl thought: keep in mind that 60-80% of the volume you are tracking is fake. It is pure wash trades to help exchanges profit, by creating the impression that real people are trading these coins. Ever wonder why ALL crypto’s follow the exact same price swings, simultaneously? Ever see that pattern in the real world of commodities and stocks?

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Imagine the power RL would have if XRP had worldwide value? The world’s ability to do business and hold wealth would all be safe guarded by whomever has the private key to the RL wallet. How many RL execs know the key? How is the key secured? How is the key to the escrow passed on if Mr. Garlinghouse or Schwartz suddenly retires or dies? 

I heard that the UN or IMF should hold the escrow funds. This is laughable... Let’s spread the secret key to 30 nations and trust no one will use it for personal gain!

Multi-sign was practically born for this, you could have a system where each stakeholder/nation of importance holds their own private key, and some arbitrary percentage of stakeholders is required to sign to make a decision (50%+, or 70%+ etc.). If an insufficient amount of nations/stakeholders agree, that decision to release funds/inject liquidity into the system/make changes can't happen.

Although if this was the path taken, it is probably more likely that the BIS would create their own system based on this, where worldwide central banks are key holders and a % agreement requirement is set to allow decision making, where their private key is used to cast their vote.

12 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

Circulating Supply has been increasing steadily at least according to this chart..

Circulating Supply History

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Oh wait, I now hear xPool is coming to save the day....

I wrote some hypothetical thinking on How xPool could be financially engineered... but I have not seen a single mention from Ripple about anything xPool related other than a trademark filing.

What have you seen related to xPool?

More broadly speaking to the point of your post, I think cost savings is the utility that the banks will engage with XRP in some way to get.

1 hour ago, Agrilax said:

Multi-sign was practically born for this, you could have a system where each stakeholder/nation of importance holds their own private key, and some arbitrary percentage of stakeholders is required to sign to make a decision (50%+, or 70%+ etc.). If an insufficient amount of nations/stakeholders agree, that decision to release funds/inject liquidity into the system/make changes can't happen.

Although if this was the path taken, it is probably more likely that the BIS would create their own system based on this, where worldwide central banks are key holders and a % agreement requirement is set to allow decision making, where their private key is used to cast their vote.

Yes, it is all about trust. The more a country’s government is trusted as secure and honest, then the more their currency will be valued “outside” the country’s borders. Inside the borders the local currency is always “priceless” because it is what the Govt requires for taxes.

To your point about RL’s software being able to spread ownership or access. RL has 2 major contributions to society.

1. They developed a consensus algorithm that is faster and more “bullet” proof than anything humans have developed prior.

2. RL has devloped many SW offerings to use this new consensus method for all types of markets. Not simply financial.

XRP is used as the “point of dispute” (requiring consensus) for xRapid only. 

IMPORTANT: RL did NOT invent a more secure way to protect data. Rather the XRP amounts are protected by the best encryption humans had 10years ago.  

I believe that 32 or even 64 character hashes will be crackable in my lifetime, considering the amazing ability humans have to invent based on profit potentials. If you do not believe in humans’ abilities to do good, how about human’s governments abilities to do evil? Trust me, if the tech does not already exist, people are working on it.

20 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Trust me

Not a chance.