vsyc

Answer: So what's my real price?

Hello @BobWay

I know that you getting just euphoretic amount of attention, and my question gets lost in myriad of notifications, but our salty tribe is still believe that you will shed a light on our question that yoi can find here:

Very much appreciated.

22 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

You should set a price you are happy selling at or you are going to be indecisive again when the market is green.

I couldn't agree more!

And thank you very much @Flintstone for helping me make another point.  Flintstone, intuitively said, ""Here’s my situation::"  It would be impossible for you to interpret if "his price" should be "your price" without context.

That is why I'm writing my rather over dramatic version of "Here's my situation".  But I will tell you the price I have in my head now at the end. Any you will understand exactly why that's my price.

17 hours ago, GoodTimesRoll said:

Would you consider buying more at today’s price? Or has the psychology of investing under .01 and then selling some at.20 affected you ?

I'm not a rational investor. I actually bought XRP a prices WAY above todays market. So why wouldn't I want to buy more at this huge discount to my last purchase? Well, because I'm probably an idiot. Currently my position is that I want to use the fiat I have to buy a house. We are "temporarily" renting a small apartment while waiting as the housing market briefly cools. I can say that, because most of you aren't trying to trade houses against me. :)

But even I think that is silly given I'm betting almost everything else I own that XRP will go up. So why not bet the rest as well?  Of course, the final answer is, "My wife is sane."

17 hours ago, GoodTimesRoll said:

Is market cap a discussion? I find it odd that tracking sources show market cap based only on units in circulation and not the entire 100 billion. What is the method to this madness? Please explain. Thank you !

That convention was started by coin market cap and other sites. It was not dictated by Ripple. In fact I've heard some say they are peeved at that.

But it is reasonable by comparison. The bitcoin market cap isn't calculated based on 21 million bitcoins. Only the ones currently circulating.

Some argue, "the unmined bitcoins don't actually exist!" But in point of fact, no bitcoins exist. People just agree that they exist according to a particular convention. We could have used the metaphor that when the system started, 21 million bitcoins were in an imaginary cold storage wallet. And as each block is minded, magical ferries take 50 BTC and drop them into the block. Really no one would see any actual difference.

The same is true of XRP, they don't really exist either. We all just agree that they exist according to a certain convention. You could say the escrowed XRP accounts haven't been mined yet. Then when their escrow release date comes (mining date) then do exist. But if Ripple doesn't sell all of those and re-escrows the remainder, was that XRP un-mined?

(I really shouldn't type when I'm so tired should I.)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

I try to pay attention... I really do!! (I've always had a reading comprehension issue)... But this whole time, I thought "your number" had to do with the price you think XRP would get to..... 

That is what the original question was. But in the undeservingly exalted position everyone had accorded me. Any answer I give is going to affect a lot of people's perceptions.

And the answer I was going to give was lame any way. Or at least from your perspective. It absolutely was NOT chosen by deep research of the data or via advanced information. In fact, my "sell price" for half of my stack, is a purely personal emotional price point. One that deserves ZERO respect from others for its foresight.

Strangely, I also expect my price to correlate remarkably with many others. And those "I ALSO" echos I expect might have undo effect on others as well.

So arg!

Edited by BobWay

On 3/15/2019 at 10:14 PM, BobWay said:

would you be able tell your price (using numbers) when you think that this is a good to you to start selling from.

I posted my price back up at the top. Now on to other topics.