BobWay

Answer: About the patent, Let's talk

6 hours ago, BobWay said:

eventually other teams will realize that same issues Ripple realized four years ago

If Jed and the Stellar team find out about this mecanism, would they be able to use it? They also own a big % of their asset, and with IBM are pursuing the same usecase. Wouldn’t that cut Ripple’s advantage?, they may be listening

1 minute ago, Odiseo said:

If Jed and the Stellar team find out about this mecanism, would they be able to use it? They also own a big % of their asset, and with IBM are pursuing the same usecase. Wouldn’t that cut Ripple’s advantage?, they may be listening

To clarify, I’m all in favor of open tech, open source ..... But about strategic business inside info, I prefer the team who work harder an takes the right decisions for their customers to win, I don’t like oportunistic copycats.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:37 PM, BobWay said:

Yeah, I'm sure a some people wish I wouldn't have mentioned it. But, I talked a little about why I did mentioned it in this thread.  I'm going to copy my response here because it seems better in this thread than in General. 

I've read so many posts, I've probably read it but it didn't stick :)

On 3/24/2019 at 5:37 PM, BobWay said:

I am 100% certain you will hear skeptics contend that, "XRP will never become a bridge currency, because...". They will reference math you don't understand and they will sound very convincing. Some will also try and convince you that the same is true for ALL cryptocurrencies and that XRP is no different. I just thought the people here in this forum deserved enough information to know better. It is you that are going to be needed with the firehose when these flame wars crop up. 

This space is totally new so I feel like nobody really knows. Those that claim they know generally oversimplify or even if they don't it's still complex, easy to overlook factors and difficult to predict market dynamics. It's very clear to me (even since my first month in crypto) that Ripple and XRP are best positioned for this. It can still fail but this is our best shot. Both from a technical, leadership and vision perspective. (I had posted a comment on your welcome post:

There's only one contender for me that has the resources for this: IBM paired with Stellar. (also see my initial response to your welcome post)

Stellar is very similar to the XRP ledger, Jed has some knowledge on Ripple, IBM has the people for patents, people to implement solutions, connections with banks, ... They also create a more open ecosystem with WorldWire where they don't "prefer" any asset (or that's at least how they said it). I have actually 3 ways of seeing this in a positive light for XRP:

1) IBM is really not interested in XLM and the stellar team is on their own for trying to get it adopted

2) or they feel another asset will probably be more fit for purpose (at least for now). I'm thinking about stablecoins, XRP, bitcoin (due to the higher liquidity; I've watched a video from IBM and I've had the feeling they said: go look somewhere else and that liquidity is very important).

3) Jed seems to have stopped selling XRP and is leaving the Stellar shizzle. Perhaps he realizes that this is a "dead-end street".

What I see as a positive for IBM WorldWire is:

1) they allow any asset and so can bootstrap their network and for potential customers it might look more attractive due to no "vendor lock-in"/freedom of choice (admittedly this is not really vendor lock-in but you probably get my point).

Perhaps IBM is not our biggest worry but I still think a lot of us are anxious for Ripple to get things rolling on the XRP ledger (as in seeing XRP adoption). The "Give us a sign" feeling ;)

If I understand your remark correctly the patent will allow for "amplification" of the volume/usage of the XRP ledger based on the existing usage. So the more XRP transactions, the more effective this tool becomes, but deploying the tool on itself will not be a magic potion to get things bootstrapped. The patent describes a method that could create an avalanche effect (network effect) when there's enough traction, hence your call out to get the community involved in the ecosystem and don't sit by idle (so that this is still key to get the engine running)?

Thank you very much for the tremendous effort you're doing here. I wouldn't/don't have the energy to do what you do.

5 hours ago, AlkalineHume said:

Translating Bob's patent

Hello friend! So before I make any comments about your very perceptive post, may I ask: patent examiner or attorney? ;) 

38 minutes ago, jhamel56 said:

This seems like what xPool (Product) could be in patent form, or tied very closely to it. Something that we haven't heard much about from Ripple

Recently Schwartz said that he could not talk about xpool when a student asked him about it.

"In economics, the Jevons paradox occurs when technological progress or government policy increases the efficiency with which a resource is used (reducing the amount necessary for any one use), but the rate of consumption of that resource rises due to increasing demand."

I think we may have found how this could apply a net upward pressure on XRP. I will try to do some digging on the economics behind this. 

8 hours ago, BobWay said:

Find the right name for this, based on prior discussions, and I think it will snap into place for you.

Understanding the threshold adds clarity too.

Nice analysis!

In my version, I've got the substitutions :%s/resource pool/account/g and :%s/intermediate resource pool/xrp/g

I'm toying with "spread" for "threshold cost"

The rest of the subsitutions @AlkalineHume has made look good, but I'm doing this from memory and didn't look for a few days. I suspect we need to find a "market maker" in there somewhere.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, BobWay said:

You know I really don’t want to comment either positively or negatively on this.

But maybe what is worth doing is setting the whole thing up on Ripple’s test net later this week. It would probably take a couple hours to set it up. Then everyone could choose a role in the ecosystem and see how it works.

• 6 fiat “stable” coins
  • 6 banks 
  • 12 fiat/XRP market makers (1 each direction for clarity)
  • 15 direct markets (for rebalancing)
  • as many customers as Y’all want to create

Yes, maybe 3 hours tops. Then weeks of fun for everyone.

Sounds like a Chaos Game