Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

But let’s drop it now..  I can see I can’t make you think it was a good idea or that it was sensible.

You need to drop it.  This post isn't about you, or the way you were (sideways?) portrayed in my blog. 

I've provided my perspective and opinion on your feedback, and even 'gone round' with you twice on this topic. 

End result: I'm not editing my blog because I feel that it's accurate;

Now drop it and move on for the sake of rational discourse - I think the forum *should* have much more important things to discuss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I think the forum *should* have much more important things to discuss.

I find the discussion whether a cryptographic signature can be used to proxy definitive proof over someones identity, compared to the old-fashioned way of using your own eyes, ears and common sense,  quite interesting. In the battle of computer vs humans, I am declaring humans to have won this round. We know 100% certain that Bob is Bob, not because of his transaction, but because of the things he wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tinyaccount tried to played sheriff again and this time it went wrong, which usually happens when somebody proclaims himself sheriff.

Blog is about Bob,  not about "who, why and under what circumstances" requested prove of identity. To ask to standout or describe "someone" differently, just because it rephrased to provide proof of identity in a way saying "I trust, but you know, they will ask" is awkward. 

So yes, I agree with @Hodor once you asked to provide proof of identity you de facto become sceptic, like it or not, no matter what strings atrached or t&c you had. And moreover, its absolutely normal.

Moreover whatever you have: transaction, ama, photos etc. The one who has itention to say story about "Bob is not real" will find its way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the shoe was a nice touch. I think most of us were comfortable it was the real Bob once David Schwartz showed up to say hi. I do understand those who wanted real proof. I think Bob's bona fides are now well confirmed now and we can just move on.

I, for one, am looking forward to really learning more about untapped use cases for XRP.......of which I'm persuaded the surface has barely been scratched. XRP is the elephant in the room, and I'm just a blind old man touching one spot on its hide and really wishing I could begin to see the bigger picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question (Hodor):  "Which technology in fintech / blockchain tech / DLT do you think is most exciting that hasn't been given as much air time as it deserves?"

Answer (Bob Way):  "My new project of course.  It is the only thing I know that could be even bigger than XRP!"

//should We be worried/aroused about another crypto currency directly or semi directly competing with XRP or is it not a cause of concern/excitement - (and) - a different matter altogether// :pleasantry:

Edited by joe91
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lucky said:

I find the discussion whether a cryptographic signature can be used to proxy definitive proof over someones identity, compared to the old-fashioned way of using your own eyes, ears and common sense,  quite interesting. In the battle of computer vs humans, I am declaring humans to have won this round. We know 100% certain that Bob is Bob, not because of his transaction, but because of the things he wrote.

If you do not know 100% for sure Who is Bob, how can You know, that boB is Bob, based on the things that He wrote?!? :bye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joe91 said:

If you do not know 100% for sure Who is Bob, how can You know, that boB is Bob, based on the things that He wrote?!? :bye:

You should read the original thread.  NikB asked him what they ate last time they were together.  Bob replied with the correct answer.  Anyone got any good jokes? :beach:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

You should read the original thread.  NikB asked him what they ate last time they were together.  Bob replied with the correct answer.  Anyone got any good jokes? :beach:

I heard a joke once: //Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci." :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, joe91 said:

//should We be worried/aroused about another crypto currency directly or semi directly competing with XRP or is it not a cause of concern/excitement - (and) - a different matter altogether// :pleasantry:

I will reveal this much: It's not a new crypto. 

In addition, Bob indicated that more details of the project may be deduced if people read through his blog posts ... in order.  Let me see if I can find that tweet:

https://twitter.com/bob_way/status/1106720588347961344

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...