Another awesome blog @Hodor , a great summation of our exposure to Mr @BobWay , the timing couldn't have been better. The longest bear market we've had and the attitudes of Zerpers were niggly and confused to a certain extent,  so much positive news and no market movement even though we knew this road was 3-5 years long. 

Then we got "Bobbed". The fog of uncertainty was lfted, any pondering questions that were lingering were answered no matter how hard. Then next you see Mr J Katz jump on the forum and Mr Nikb, that was unimaginable a week previous. The beauty of that is now you see new members and old lurkers( said with respect) join the chorus of voices. Man, communication is the key to everything,  now we have it. "I love this question and answer "

Question (Hodor):  "Which criticism of XRP angers you the most, and why?"

Answer (Bob Way):  "The ones that criticize the motives of Ripplers.  

This includes criticism of the mystical or dubious 'founder of the XRPL.'   This is because I know that none of them have a greedy or malicious bone in their body.   I personally feel a bit 'shady' when I compare myself to them and their behavior.  

And I know I’m at least a decent guy." :viannen_89: thanks again @Hodor the future is bright.

Posted (edited)

@Hodor I’m sorry,   but I feel you may have misrepresented at least a part of the scepticism thing.

Amazingly, some were still not convinced, and asked him to post a transaction on the ledger, which he eventually completed, proving his identity with cryptographic certainty.  

That “some” that asked for a transaction was me.  

And I clearly stated I already WAS convinced.  That the reason for the tran was to have a one line rebuttal to future doubters.   (Of which there now won’t be any,  BECAUSE of the transaction.)

If you feel that photographs and words would be enough to stop scepticism of real events then I refer you to the moon landing conspiracy ‘sceptics’.

The new and wonderful beauty of the blockchain is the capacity to prove,  for all the world to see,  something beyond doubt.  That, as far as I know, has never been available to the world previously.

So its up to you whether you think it needs adjusting,  but I believe you have somewhat accidentally misrepresented what happened.

As to the rest of that blog....  wonderful and thank you,  I haven’t been able to keep up with all he has been saying,  so I’d missed many of the things you highlighted.

@BobWay

Edited by Tinyaccount
Added Bob tag

47 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I believe you have somewhat accidentally misrepresented what happened.

By using a plural instead of a singular?  I was actually trying to avoid picking on people (you). 

I don't fault you for asking for cryptographic proof - members of the forum have done so before with important communications from other crypto notables such as Jed.  Bob Way is also one of those 'crypto notables,' so I think, in retrospect, it was fair of you to ask. 

49 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

The new and wonderful beauty of the blockchain is the capacity to prove,  for all the world to see,  something beyond doubt.  That, as far as I know, has never been available to the world previously.

I absolutely agree. 

A cryptographic proof raises the level of fraudulent effort to very high level.  The only way somebody could claim they were Bob and post a transaction is if they had access to his family seed key and knew enough about him to spoof us.  Highly unlikely.

12 hours ago, Hodor said:

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/welcome-to-our-world-bob/

Bob Way, a Ripple alumnus, indicated he's starting work on an ambitious new project! Learn more about him - and his new project - in today's blog.  :victory:

I hope you enjoy the read: Please feel free to share my blog with a friend or share it on any other platform - and thanks for doing so!  :thank_you2:

My blog announcement links on other platforms:

Cool, good read, thanks Hodor!

If you are here for the tech Bob is a great asset and a fun knowledgeable read to anyone who enjoys learning! If you are here  for the investment and NO OTHER REASON ask BG where the banks are that were supposed to be 

"I've publicly stated that by the end of this year I have every confidence that major banks will use XRapid as a liquidity tool," 

"You know, by the end of next year, I would certainly hope that we would see you know in the order of... dozens."

What is the hold up Brad?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hodor said:

By using a plural instead of a singular?  I was actually trying to avoid picking on people (you). 

Nah...  more for making it seem like there were a lot of doubters and they were repeatedly not satisfied until finally a crypto proof....

But this poster - if it truly was Bob Way - seemed quite open and talkative about his viewpoints, and was willing to share what he knew.  

So the skeptics kept challenging him to prove that he was, in fact, who he said he was.  

Bob responded with a wonkish reply and a story about online skepticism run amok, posing with a high-heeled shoe next to his head in an effort to recreate Jenna Jameson's now-Internet-famous recruitment of 4Chan hackers.   He put his own spin on it, however, also posing with an amazing stash of Ripple and XRP clothing and tchotchke:

Amazingly, some were still not convinced, and asked him to post a transaction on the ledger,

In my opinion it wasn’t a case of “kept challenging him” but more a case of a couple of people at different posts asking the same thing....  in the nature of a forum,  concurrency is a bit elastic.

But the thing that most seems to jar to me is the word Amazingly.    And it wasn’t a case of ‘still not convinced’ because as I clearly stated in the post...  I was ALREADY convinced.

But the moving hand having writ and all that...   but now I start to understand how history can record things not quite as they were for those that experienced it.

Edited by Tinyaccount
Added word ‘can record’

Posted (edited)

@Tinyaccount

As I've said, I'm not personally upset at anybody asking for cryptographic proof.  But I DO get irritated when people that particpated in something try to spin it later on, ESPECIALLY in an effort to get me to edit my blog.  So, not so much for you, but for other readers that may be just giving this a surface reading, here are my sources:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said: "for making it seem like there were a lot of doubters and they were repeatedly not satisfied until finally a crypto proof...."

My response and sources:
Sukrim
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/?do=findComment&comment=678488

zlaja26
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/?do=findComment&comment=678487
Tinyaccount
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/?do=findComment&comment=678654

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said: "as I clearly stated in the post...  I was ALREADY convinced."

My response and source:  https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/?do=findComment&comment=678654

This is a direct quote from you: "So would you consider proving your identity by moving say 1.09032019 XRP out of an early Bob Way wallet?" 

You can preface requests like that with whatever pleasantries you want, and you can attempt to spin things afterwards, but it's pretty clear that you are the one asking Bob to do this. 

As I've said, I'm not personally offended that you requested this; I'm irritated that you're not taking responsibility for your own words instead of trying to get me to edit my blog. 

I hope that my position in response to your comment is clear at this point. 

Edited by Hodor

4 hours ago, 010101 said:

If you are here for the tech Bob is a great asset and a fun knowledgeable read to anyone who enjoys learning! If you are here  for the investment and NO OTHER REASON ask BG where the banks are that were supposed to be 

What is the hold up Brad? 

I get the feeling that you posted here to have some sort of audience for your complaints about the number of banks that are using xRapid in production currently? 

Try creating a separate thread next time please, and keep things on topic.

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

You said: "as I clearly stated in the post...  I was ALREADY convinced."

My response and source:  https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/?do=findComment&comment=678654

This is a direct quote from you: "So would you consider proving your identity by moving say 1.09032019 XRP out of an early Bob Way wallet?" 

You can preface requests like that with whatever pleasantries you want, and you can attempt to spin things afterwards, but it's pretty clear that you are the one asking Bob to do this. 

As I've said, I'm not personally offended that you requested this; I'm irritated that you're not taking responsibility for your own words instead of trying to get me to edit my blog. 

WTF?   Hodor you’ve lost the plot.  You’ve gone off into an odd direction now.  At no point have I ever denied I said it ...   why would I?  I still think it was right and proper to get it out of the way.  I even raised it to you here as a ‘hey it was me’ thing...  

I’m just saying you have painted a nice story in the blog but it isn’t quite how it happened.  Certainly it wasn’t an “Amazingly” situation.   It doesn’t really matter now especially since I won’t be engaging with you again in future.

My last words on this...  (I’ve seen you do this to others...  it’s a bit disturbing to start to have it done it to me now...  but maybe the hair trigger is a consequence of you being so high a profile...  I dunno,  but our paths won’t cross again.  You can have whatever last words you want on this.)

Here is what I said in the post to Bob...  clearly I say I already was convinced.  I guess it didn’t make the blog catchy enough that way.

4C1ECCBC-4480-47DA-BCC4-707B139A71CA.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

WTF?   Hodor you’ve lost the plot.  You’ve gone off into an odd direction now.  At no point have I ever denied I said it ...   why would I?  I still think it was right and proper to get it out of the way.  I even raised it to you here as a ‘hey it was me’ thing...  

I’m just saying you have painted a nice story in the blog but it isn’t quite how it happened.  Certainly it wasn’t an “Amazingly” situation.   It doesn’t really matter now especially since I won’t be engaging with you again in future.

My last words on this...  (I’ve seen you do this to others...  it’s a bit disturbing to start to have it done it to me now...  but maybe the hair trigger is a consequence of you being so high a profile...  I dunno,  but our paths won’t cross again.  You can have whatever last words you want on this.)

Here is what I said in the post to Bob...  clearly I say I already was convinced.  I guess it didn’t make the blog catchy enough that way.

4C1ECCBC-4480-47DA-BCC4-707B139A71CA.jpeg

Funny thing @Hodor didn't mention @nikb doing basically the same when quizzing Bob. He said something like "I don"t doubt it's you, still, here's a question for you :) ".
For the record: I'm not implying Nik doubted Bob's identity, I'm implying that it's ok to be personally convinced still ask on behalf of the community as you both did.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 7strings said:

Funny thing @Hodor didn't mention @nikb doing basically the same when quizzing Bob. He said something like "I don"t doubt it's you, still, here's a question for you :) ".
For the record: I'm not implying Nik doubted Bob's identity, I'm implying that it's ok to be personally convinced still ask on behalf of the community as you both did.

That's a good point... I didn't want to say anything but I think it is somewhat of a misunderstanding.... I watched the whole thing unfold and I think Tiny was actually literally doing justice to something Bob himself noted... something along the lines of "don't take my word for it".... as well as another thread where Bob himself said (again, paraphrasing) "TX  Id or id didn't  happen".....

I believe some caught on to that and joined in.... some got annoyed but I believe that those are the ones that didn't see the same light as the others... and vise versa.... 

I can see that Hodor might feel that Tiny is challenging him... and we know how hard Hodor works in general.... so I can see that.... 

Again, mainly I think it is a misunderstanding... but it hurts to see that both of these effing awesome members of this community are apparently  pizzed at each other when there are others who actually deserve our pizzed-offedness!!!!

@Tinyaccount @Hodor

Edited by EcneitapLatnem