Posted (edited)

I am really grateful for this summary of the Bob Way thread.  I have only read the first half, there were so many pages.

You forgot to mention that there is a Bob Way club on XRPChat where people can contribute to helping Bob write a book about his experiences working with Ripple. (or did I miss the reference?).

My big first impression was that he is a very open person who does not hide his identity and he likes talking about his ideas (I do not think he would be able to keep many secrets).  He blogs under his own name which I really like and his answers always have a resonance of truth.  I asked an ethical question and he  grasped my question right there and explained that he had already written papers on the subject for Ripple highlighting ethical plus points for Ripple to target.  Ethics seems to be high in the cultural environment of the mother company.  I would be much more frightened of the future if Ripple lacked the ethical resonance that seems to be at the heart of Team Ripple - Bob Way and David Schwartz have it in abundance.

The other point I noticed is that whilst team Ripple are perhaps too busy to interact much with forums like XRP chat, they are very appreciative of the work/feedback/suggestions given by XRP/Ripple fans on the forum.  They are interested in our feedback and especially appreciative of your work too.  They regard forums like XRPChat as an extension of Ripple/XRP. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

You forgot to mention that there is a Bob Way club on XRPChat where people can contribute to helping Bob write a book about his experiences working with Ripple. (or did I miss the reference?).

Thank you for reading, @Julian_Williams 

I didn't 'forget' actually; there was so much content in the introductory thread and elsewhere that I edited it down to size. 

16 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

He blogs under his own name which I really like

I know, right?  :P

17 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The other point I noticed is that whilst team Ripple are perhaps too busy to interact much with forums like XRP chat, they are very appreciative the work/feedback/suggestions lots of XRP/Ripple fans express on the forum.  They are interested in our feedback.  They regard forums like XRPChat as an extension of Ripple/XRP. 

I would definitely agree with your assessment now; there was a time when, as Bob indicated in his introductory thread, when that wasn't the case, and the small team - with very limited resources - had pivoted completely towards banks.  In those times we (the retail investor community) felt very alone indeed.  Even during those times, however, some Ripple folks like David Schwartz never fully forgot about us, and kept engaging. 

Now that's all changed, and it's great to see the new use cases like Coil - which are retail user - centered - be championed very seriously by Ripple as well.  (and by Bob Way and XRP Labs and others)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BobWay said:

Thank you so, so much Hodor!  It makes seem so much more interest than I really am. But I'm OK with people thinking that! :biggrin:

Never seen anyone Climb to Silver Status that fast @BobWay 225 posts and 3,430 "likes" :D:P From Zero to Hero in just 10 days :drinks:

Cult!!!

Edited by zenkert

Posted (edited)

This got me thinking, and I still think @Hodor @BobWay Thanks for sharing.

If I had to describe it in a short phrase I’d say, 'It’s a Privacy Business.'   While other companies are in the business of watching everything you do, my new project is a business that makes money protecting your privacy and keeping your personal and behavior information away from those other companies.

Edited by zenkert