thebigrisky1

XRP bot programming help

I'm trying to see if I can use an off the shelf bot like cryptohopper, gunbot or even tradesanta to buy and sell my XRP.   I see programs you can buy and signals you can buy to plug into these programs but they seem to apply to buying up to 100 coins a day and moving in and out of them within seconds.  I want to set up my bot to go from USD to XRP and sell high and buy low all within a penny to 1/2 penny change in price.   I may be a moron but I have enough XRP to make 15-20k in XRP for every penny I can buy low then sell when it goes up 1 penny.  I just cant find a program that lets me do the trades by the penny rather than by a percent of funds.

Do that a few times a month and I can make an extra 6-10k in free cash.  Do it once a week or twice a week and I can make some major money.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Edited by thebigrisky1

I would highly recommend doing more research.

If you believe because one owns at bat and glove, they're on their way to winning the World Series, you should take a little more time to learn beyond the basic idea of buy low/sell high. 

There are books, blogs, groups etc that specifically discuss trading. You will be much better off spending time learning from their triumphs and more importantly their failures.

There is certainly opportunity but you can also lose whatever position you're in very easily. 

I would write the pseudo code for your algorithm and test it with mock trades. Don't just Google trading algorithms and try to use them willy nilly. If anything, this could be a learning experience for you into the world of TA and scripting. 

The problem for me is that I have a full time job that needs almost all my free time to cover it.  Ive missed two or three 2-4cents pumps this year with a following drop back 2-3 cents because I was working.  I need the bot to catch those movements.  I clearly need more education but I have  xrp and if I catch a few of these rides this year and can get up to 600-800k xrp I can start to change jobs and live off these few cent changes that happen monthly.

Edited by thebigrisky1
No death

10 minutes ago, thebigrisky1 said:

The problem for me is that I have a full time job that needs almost all my free time to cover it.  Ive missed two or three 2-4cents pumps this year with a following drop back 2-3 cents because I was working.  I need the bot to catch those movements.  I clearly need more education but I have 400,000 xrp and if I catch a few of these rides this year and can get up to 600-800k xrp I can start to change jobs and live off these few cent changes that happen monthly.

First ,congrats on your volume,  second , don't announce your volume. If it shot up to a unimaginable number.

https://www.ccn.com/dutch-bitcoin-trader-suffers-brutal-torture-with-a-heavy-drill-in-violent-robbery 

Be careful friend,  you might be ex special forces and 7 ft tall with muscles in places people didnt know you could have muscles , but we all have soft targets. I'll never tell another zerper how to invest, but you are already in the top 0.2% of XRP investors. So I must presume your telling the truth and not dreaming as most wealthy people dont gloat about their wealth.  

https://ledger.exposed/rich-stats#percentage 

How much is enough.

15 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

I would highly recommend doing more research.

If you believe because one owns at bat and glove, they're on their way to winning the World Series, you should take a little more time to learn beyond the basic idea of buy low/sell high. 

There are books, blogs, groups etc that specifically discuss trading. You will be much better off spending time learning from their triumphs and more importantly their failures.

There is certainly opportunity but you can also lose whatever position you're in very easily. 

^^ this. 

@thebigrisky1 - make sure your strategy is bulletproof first with absolutely no gray areas.  Mock-trade your strategy without physically looking at charts to make sure that it holds up; you'll be surprised by the number of minuscule contextual decisions that your brain will automatically bridge when looking at a chart, but that will be very difficult to translate into code.  Lastly, be careful with self-tuning algorithms optimized against historical data as they will have a tendency to perform what amounts to a logical curve fit which falls apart very quickly when put into action.  If doing anything with TA, go for microtrades with minimal duration and profit margin just slightly above spread and commission as those will tend to be the most reliable.

Good luck.