Cobalt Live Soon?

Posted (edited)

Based on Ethan and Nik's latest statements it looks like some new software is going to be deployed , let me know what you think.

Also consider that fact that Ethan was the one wrote the Cobalt algorithm.

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, AlexCobb said:

Based on Ethan and Nik's latest statements it looks like some new software is going to be deployed , let me know what you think.

Also consider that fact that Ethan was the one wrote the Cobalt algorithm.

Do you have links to their statements?

2 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Do you have links to their statements?

I would also love links.

About a month ago, Ethan did tweet that the 2014 consensus algorithm had been deprecated, replaced by the Cobalt white paper. But I’m not sure what the timeline looks like for developing and QAing the new protocol: 

The only eyebrow raise I have... David seems pretty confident as of late that layer-one scalability is still an ongoing issue in blockchain without an immediate solution. So even if Cobalt is launching it may not be a magic bullet for throughput.

Strange... when I first opened this thread, there was a link to an article put out by "The XRP Daily".....

Shortly after going to that link (https://thexrpdaily.com/index.php/2019/03/15/coil-working-on-massive-in-production-codebase/) the article was no longer available...

Now OP has removed the original link he provided without explanation...

I read the article.. it was short but was mainly speculating that it might have something to do with codius.....

below is the twitter that was embedded in the XRP Daily article:    

Wouldn't code appear on github long before going live? 

50 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

The only eyebrow raise I have... David seems pretty confident as of late that layer-one scalability is still an ongoing issue in blockchain without an immediate solution. So even if Cobalt is launching it may not be a magic bullet for throughput.

Retail payments need a milliion transactions per second. And they need privacy.

2 hours ago, retryW said:

This is honestly one of the most useless threads I've seen in a while. Especially from someone with more than 10 posts.

At least he did not repeat this piece of non-info 50 times, like he does in his youtube shows, between yelling "oh my god Robert Le thank you so much".

So I consider this post quite a timesaver.