BobWay

List: The Voices in Bob’s Head

I just announced a new project that I hope will educate more people than me just trying to write a book. I hope everyone will take a look at my announcement, and if you are interested in helping out please send me an email. As we develop new material, I'll be posting it here in the club for open discussion.

Good morning everyone!

If you have been following me here, you'll soon realize that I invited some new people to the club from all around the world. I hope you will welcome all of them as graciously as you have me.

One of those new members @Kerin_Way is my son Chris. He's joined to meet the community, learn, and to help me get organized and moving forward more productively. He'll be introducing himself shortly.

Thank you again to the operators and mods of XRP Chat who have created this awesome space for me organize (in theory :)) my discussions with the XRP Community.

---

To those who are new to "Bob's Book Club". This is my presence thread.  I post what I'm currently thinking about and working on here. Part of that is vanity. But mostly it is just to keep people informed while they are patiently waiting for me to respond about a topic they are passionate about.

The rest of the "book club" is made up of topics and questions that members of the XRP Community have been passionately interested in. I've done my best to answer those questions and explain those topics a thoroughly as I can. Please continue asking new questions if you read something you don't understand. For those wondering how this all got started. Hi! I'm Bob is the original 50 page introductory post I made back in early March. I hope you will all find something interesting to read while we are all getting organized.

---

This morning I'm working on a longer post explaining how my original goal of "writing a book" has morphed into a broader mission of increasing the worlds understanding of "rippling payments." This topic includes XRP, the XRP Ledger, ILP, Ripple, COIL, money itself and the current financial system (both how it works and what it lacks). I'm also going to explain how I've come to believe that simply my writing a book will not affect the change I would like to occur. I simply would not be a sufficient medium to meet everyone's learning needs.

I'm also working on a post introducing the awesome study group members who responded to the video I posted above at the beginning of the week. Thanks to all of you! Especially the ones that now have to track yet another social media account!  I know coming here will be worth your while.

---

I'm going to be continuing discussions about the "study group" here in this club. I'd like existing club members and the broader community to be able to follow along. This is also where I'll be posting and/or linking to the material I present and the recordings of our sessions. I'd like this club to continue to be the initial place where new XRP Community members come to ask questions about "rippling payment" and the material we'll be jointly creating and discussing

Good morning everyone!

Chris and I had a great time with family yesterday. I hope y'all had a great day as well!

• I have a lot of posts and emails to respond to this morning.
  • In the late afternoon I'm going to go meet-up with some of the Houston XRP Community at Rice University.  If you are local, please join us! 

If you are a study group member, please:

Once I've answered all my personal correspondence, I'm going to create some other organizational threads. I'd like to solicit your help in working through the remaining open topics.

Edited by BobWay