I know Forbes has a very biased view against Ripple and XRP, and this is why I never lose time reading those articles.

However, something caught my eyes this time, and gives a challenging perspective...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/02/10/there-is-no-such-thing-as-dormant-funds-in-banking/#709a251f5aef

Is this true? And if so, what would be Brad's reply to this?

10 minutes ago, Althair said:

I know Forbes has a very biased view against Ripple and XRP, and this is why I never lose time reading those articles.

However, something caught my eyes this time, and gives a challenging perspective...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/02/10/there-is-no-such-thing-as-dormant-funds-in-banking/#709a251f5aef

Plus you might want to check out this video in which a letter is mentioned (and shown) from the ABA to the FED.. enjoy.

I’ve thought about this a lot over the last couple years.

My mind goes to a model much like the model of thermodynamics

Energy is not created

Not destroyed

And always heading toward entropy

So what’s different with liquidity in a corresponding bank model vs. Ripples model?

After all, liquidity comes from somewhere, right. So from ware does xrp’s liquidity come from and where is it parked.

I guess my current thinking is that value is parked when providing liquidity to xrp – but not in the redundant fashion corresponding banking parks value- each bank having its own NOSTRO VOSTRO account agreements with every bank it has a relationship with. Instead, market makers provide liquidity xrp at the exchange – dare I say, in a more centralized fashion; a more efficient fashion.

Just my 2xrp – but I’m just a landscaper so, grain of salt.

Banks would not have to hold foreign currency in order to make cross border payments. They would only have to hold their native currency. This De-Risk the bank from foreign policy. It also free's up smaller nations to move money from one small nation to another without the need of a large corresponding bank. I believe that with money makers a bank would not need to hold XRP in order to do a transfer. Their account holdings would then only be tied to their clients.

2 hours ago, Althair said:

Visit Bobs Bookclub. He is an ex ripple employee and he will tell you in detail why Frances is pretty much wrong.

010101 you are right. I would love for exim bank to be an actual bank using xrapid. When a bank adopts and utilizes xrapid then it will put the argument to rest. I believe that those of who have invested in xrp believe that banks will eventually utilize xrp in cross-border payments, and there does seem to exist a substantial amount information that eventually they will.

I have carefully examined the entire (including deleted) tweet history and twitter behavior of mrs Coppola and my conclusion is that she is criminally dishonest and corrupt. Sees discrediting Ripple as her paid job, and determined to deliver. Only question is why. My guess is that she has collected a big paycheck. Next question is from who.

4 hours ago, Althair said:

Hi i originally posted re:  Frances Coppolas article and was also concerned by Mr Bloombergs follow up atack on XRP/Ripple , i was new to Xrp after investing what for me is a significant portion of savings.

After weeks of reading and questioning the pros and cons i am Confident that the above articles are what i now describe as FUD and the "research"and assumptions made by the two Forbes contributitors has been roundly refuted. 

4 hours ago, Live4xrp said:

Njoy the reading ;-)

Btw, noticed this box at the right corner?

afbeelding.png.44172014ab4ed1c975065d9b04055ff2.png

im sure this wasn't posted just for the shyte and giggles