Sign in to follow this  
caroma

Rippled Data API: Get Validator's stats

I am wondering if there exists an API call which returns the number of validations a validator has performed/ missed since it has begun running. I know there is the Get Validator method  here which displays this sort of data for the most recent 1 hour and most recent 24 hours of operation. Is there any way to achieve a similar result for time periods other than 1 hour or 24 hour?

Not in general since this data is not stored. Ripple runs a service on their own to track this, but their track record is less than stellar (pun intended). You could write something or extend Ripple's software (it is open source) to get these metrics though.

@smoothy Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the data I am interested in would be less than a day's worth.

@Sukrim thanks for the reply. I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked a certain method before I took the time to write something myself. 

16 hours ago, caroma said:

I am wondering if there exists an API call which returns the number of validations a validator has performed/ missed since it has begun running. I know there is the Get Validator method  here which displays this sort of data for the most recent 1 hour and most recent 24 hours of operation. Is there any way to achieve a similar result for time periods other than 1 hour or 24 hour?

If you want the stats from an arbitrary list of validators, then as @Sukrim says, you should write your own routines. However, if you want to get stats from validators on your UNL and other validators connected to your rippled instance, you could subscribe to the validation stream on your server. And store/analyse that data, beginning at the time when you subscribe to the stream. You will then be able to get the info for arbitrary time periods.

https://developers.ripple.com/subscribe.html#validations-stream