Sign in to follow this  
Archbob

Will IBM announce Ripple Parntership at Money 20/20 Asia?

Hi,

I've heard rumors that IBM will partner with a top 5 crypto(not sure where rumors came from) and I was just wondering if anyone here has heard the same. I know IBM has said they plan to announce another product/partnership with Stellar on the 19th at Money 20/20 Asia but there are rumors of partnering with another top-5 crypto. 

If the top 5 rumors are true then it has to be either Ethereum or XRP. I can't really see them partnering with Litecoin or Bitcoin or EOS.

Have any of you heard these rumors?

I wouldn't get too hyped but it does make sense for them to have XRP and XLM utilized by World Wire. Ripple is pushing tech into banks that is likely running on IBM hardware. Plus I'm not sure but wouldn't SCP (Stellar Consensus Protocol) be pretty close to some of the patents held by Ripple? IBM also have something like 110,000 patents, so Ripple also wants to play nice. It seems like a good match as an external party looking in, but I'm no expert :(

I don't see why they would choose ETH.  The vast majority of its liquidity is as a base pair for other alts - and it's very SLOW compared to XRP.   XRP has been setup to have liquidity with fiat currencies.  It's still not really there yet, but surely banks would see XRP as the only viable option.  I own a bit of XLM by the way....but also I don't see how XLM can be used given how illiquid it is compared to XRP....unless the tech somehow does not require fiat/XLM liquidity and they simply buy the digital asset and trade it directly for fiat to the receiving bank (which I'm not sure how well that will work, but...). 

They wouldn't partner with ETH to do cross border transfer, IBM would partner with them for Blockchain solutions. They've already worked with Numerous times on other blockchain projects including VISA.

If they want to remain relevant in the Millennial generations agenda it would behoove them to include Ripple and XRP.

They have frequently missed out on new technology and misread the writing on the wall.

On 14. mars 2019 at 7:23 AM, 2ndtimearound said:

I don't see why they would choose ETH.  The vast majority of its liquidity is as a base pair for other alts - and it's very SLOW compared to XRP.   XRP has been setup to have liquidity with fiat currencies.  It's still not really there yet, but surely banks would see XRP as the only viable option.  I own a bit of XLM by the way....but also I don't see how XLM can be used given how illiquid it is compared to XRP....unless the tech somehow does not require fiat/XLM liquidity and they simply buy the digital asset and trade it directly for fiat to the receiving bank (which I'm not sure how well that will work, but...). 

Wayyyyy off topic : XLM added to Coinbase ! 

Sign in to follow this