vsyc

XLM new logo comare to XRP

4 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Most currency symbols have a single or double line through them. I personally think that the XRP logo should have followed this pattern but instead the choice of a new logo was co-opted by Ripple and resulted in a symbol that will generally be unrecognizable if written by hand. Personally I think the Stellar symbol is better but I'm not sure it will matter much. 

I think it was a smart move of XRP to be the first to use the X which I think when put in front of Crypto means International  (Is that why it is FX?)  IT is in line with other currencies using letters - pound L Dollar S Yen Y...etc

XLM  lost the opportunity to have the X so had to invent something else.  Stellar symbol is not easily memorable and  I have to learn to write it through copying a few times because I cannot recall it visually in detail even after seeing it several times.   I always thought Stellar means was a play on the word Stella which is Latin for star, yet they seem to have chosen a planet?  I like the name Stellar Lumens more than the rather dry XRP. 

I think the X with the double lines will be adopted as an alternative symbol for XRP although perhaps Ripple should make sure this happens by using it alongside their logo

2 hours ago, whatever said:

It's a good logo. I hate the X. Love the triskelion.

X symbolizes stop, danger, warning. Bad choice. But XRP is decentralized and has no owner, so we can change it back to triskellion at any time.

X marks the spot where the money is. 

3 hours ago, whatever said:

It's a good logo. I hate the X. Love the triskelion.

X symbolizes stop, danger, warning. Bad choice. But XRP is decentralized and has no owner, so we can change it back to triskellion at any time.

You think so? Go ahead and try. 

1 hour ago, Plikk said:

Maybe that is because XRP is not aiming to become/replace a currency, but rather be a bridge asset. 

XRP or Ripple? The current logo was pushed by Ripple and the community followed like lemmings. We're all on the same team here but let's admit that the community just followed Ripple's agenda on this one. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

You think so? Go ahead and try. 

XRP or Ripple? The current logo was pushed by Ripple and the community followed like lemmings. We're all on the same team here but let's admit that the community just followed Ripple's agenda on this one. 

Was there any alternatives you liked back than?

Apart Ripple is there any official, recognised group that runs XRP site, where exchanges, news agencies etc. Can obtain assets? Or can source assets?

Edited by vsyc

4 minutes ago, vsyc said:

Was there any alternatives you liked back than?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, vsyc said:

Apart Ripple is there any official, recognised group that runs XRP site, where exchanges, news agencies etc. Can obtain assets? Or can source assets?

I don't know what this means, can you restate it?

11 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

Yes.

I don't know what this means, can you restate it?

If XRP symbol has to be elected/chosen by consensus, than there should be place where the assets (images) will be located e.g. rippled github.

I could not see any purely XRP based group that would host a website and would represent XRP and etc. All that done only by Ripple.

Personally, I can see some issues with both XLM and XRP's logo. XLM's is a bit more rough for me because it doesn't feel very fluid to write, especially if you aren't just making a theta (Ø) with an extra slash instead of leaving the opening on both ends. This is either two or four pencil strokes, but it never looks as clean as the actual logo.

XRP is only a concern because it may be difficult to distinguish it from an "X". I'm not sure if seeing something shorthanded as being "X5.89" is all that bad, but it is mentally a bit rough because it's not something we're used to. We could put a single slash on the bottom right, similar to the Rx symbol (℞), but the symmetry gets thrown off. Else it could have a vertical line through the middle, but then it's approaching a feel like the greek psi (Ψ).

If anything, maybe crypto as a whole should just adopt a marker that makes it clear that it's a digital currency. Could be something as simple as an asterisk after the symbol. Just bouncing ideas xD.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think it was a smart move of XRP to be the first to use the X which I think when put in front of Crypto means International  (Is that why it is FX?)

image.png.06bb0cae52963f11a761b0ba8ca0ce35.png

edit: why are we concerned with moonrockets new symbol for anyway

4 hours ago, vsyc said:

If XRP symbol has to be elected/chosen by consensus, than there should be place where the assets (images) will be located e.g. rippled github.

https://xrpsymbol.github.io/

Edited by fiik

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:07 AM, fiik said:

tfh time

theeconomist-phoenix_get_ready_for_world_currency_by_2018.jpg.abb3c7f98c5a78b4c7c15c6e05699351.jpg

JMO, I think he had this in mind too, brilliant play on existing conspiracy, Jed. Still looks like a dont' sign! LOL