vsyc

XLM new logo comare to XRP

5 hours ago, vsyc said:

512.png

And

52.png

Just not a designer, but looks like it same "alphabet". Or its nowadays moddern to do logos this way?

Does look like the same alphabet , hmmm no E between them 

Most currency symbols have a single or double line through them. I personally think that the XRP logo should have followed this pattern but instead the choice of a new logo was co-opted by Ripple and resulted in a symbol that will generally be unrecognizable if written by hand. Personally I think the Stellar symbol is better but I'm not sure it will matter much. 

popular-countries-currencies-symbols-bla

12 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

La plupart des symboles monétaires sont traversés par une ligne simple ou double. Personnellement, je pense que le logo XRP aurait dû suivre ce modèle, mais le choix d’un nouveau logo a été coopté par Ripple et a abouti à un symbole qui sera généralement non reconnaissable s’il est écrit à la main. Personnellement, je pense que le symbole stellaire est meilleur mais je ne suis pas sûr que cela importera beaucoup. 

I have try to write the stellar symbol easly, but it's a fail or a leaning dollar with a double unpleasant horizontal line. Not problem with XRP symbol. :biggrin:

57 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

Most currency symbols have a single or double line through them. I personally think that the XRP logo should have followed this pattern but instead the choice of a new logo was co-opted by Ripple and resulted in a symbol that will generally be unrecognizable if written by hand. Personally I think the Stellar symbol is better but I'm not sure it will matter much

Good call , it was a great opportunity to combine currency with a new logo, sort of new world currency :D

I think the logo is very successful. Minimalist, stylish and universal. Probably Jed needed a serious logo before his big gig next week... no matter, in the end a logo doesn't bring more liquidity, but in any case I think it's better than the boring X 

It's a good logo. I hate the X. Love the triskelion.

X symbolizes stop, danger, warning. Bad choice. But XRP is decentralized and has no owner, so we can change it back to triskellion at any time.

4 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Most currency symbols have a single or double line through them. I personally think that the XRP logo should have followed this pattern but instead the choice of a new logo was co-opted by Ripple and resulted in a symbol that will generally be unrecognizable if written by hand. Personally I think the Stellar symbol is better but I'm not sure it will matter much. 

popular-countries-currencies-symbols-bla

Maybe that is because XRP is not aiming to become/replace a currency, but rather be a bridge asset.