fatlever

Why is Ripple getting into video games?!!

On 3/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, lysistrada said:

I don't particularly care to get into the personal significance the play itself holds for me. You just decided to attack me. So I attacked back and then you defended yourself with the always strong, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!" defense that I recently saw invoked by a mentally disturbed homeless woman at an angry convenience store manager who wouldn't give her a free cup of ice (this is literally the last instance I heard someone use this retort out loud and it was this morning).  Good on you for being able to employ the degree of argumentative sophistication that a floridly schizophrenic, unbathed homeless woman defaulted to as well.

I don't know you.  I didn't want to know you.  I don't want to know you.  But yet, you inserted yourself into my day, so now I know of you and I am dealing with you accordinly.  BTW...Did it ever occur to you that you also don't know me?  I know it didn't.  Angry people like you tend to love to never look inward for the most blatant examples of the criticisms they love to dole out.

But yes... setting all of that aside, you are absolutely correct that I don't know anything about your life experience. But in my experience, the people who have time to blatantly antagonize others online - entirely without provocation - tend to have quite the deficit of other positive things in their life. As such, I doubt you're just crushing it with the ladies.  Feel free to tell me otherwise.  I won't believe you.  You can move along with your life at any time since, again, I didn't ever address you directly in the first place.

Its a public forum. You typed and you got addressed, then you attacked. Now you wrote an essay. Congrats autiste.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, Parabellum said:

Oh, I just recall you from the past. You do not recall me, but I think we were there at the same time, or in my case, before that.  You seemed very much in favor / in defense of Stellar in the past. Now, I do not want to make this all tribalist and all (that is pointless), but at least I know what the plan was back then. 

This isn't true mate, I've never shilled in favour of stellar, you are mixing me up with someone else. If I did I'd admit it, not trying to save face, I dont care. But this is just factually incorrect. I've actually always said Stellar was bunk from the start and received some flak for doing that in the early days of stellar when a lot of xrptalk people were still kissing Jed's backside. I don't know why you'd think that when I was in XRP for years before Stellar was even forked, then suddenly I'm gonna flip and shill for Stellar who give away their coin to the unbanked? anyway do you really think happy, freaky, limousine liberal, SJW pretend to save the world while lining our own pockets Stellar is gonna be my scene, hell no. 

3 hours ago, Robbieboy said:

Its a public forum. You typed and you got addressed, then you attacked. Now you wrote an essay. Congrats autiste.

I love the insult du jour of calling people autistic.  It's about as intellectually adept as calling people retarded. Nice work.  You could have brought some amount of insight or discussion to this public forum, but you've just given us so much more.  Thank you.  Oh, and definitely kudos for responding to something from weeks ago.  I understand you've been busy just killing it with the ladies, of course.

10 hours ago, lysistrada said:

I understand you've been busy just killing it with the ladies, of course.

Sigh, why do you keep going on about my sex life, who over the age of 13 even does that? On a financial forum too...weird. It's like, you give yourself a girls name, you screech alot, you project your insecurities with women onto other men you don't even know, you have these kind of ranting faux intellectual meltdowns...

Are you that buffalo bill guy from silence of the lambs, do you put your little tiddly wink between your legs and dance around in the mirror, do you own a poodle named precious? :D you're a bit creepy bro...

10 hours ago, lysistrada said:

Oh, and definitely kudos for responding to something from weeks ago.

Yeh, I'm generally not hanging around here on the 24/7 waiting for shot of hopium, it's called having a life.

Kudos means glory, responding to a forum post could never be a glorious act would it. Common misuse of the word...

15 hours ago, Robbieboy said:

Yeh, I'm generally not hanging around here on the 24/7 waiting for shot of hopium, it's called having a life.

Kudos means glory, responding to a forum post could never be a glorious act would it. Common misuse of the word...

Ok, great stuff dude.  You've added so much to the discussion in this thread.  Would you like the last word?

For what its worth, my take on this question is...

1. The gaming industry (along with crime) is typically an early new technology adopter. I dont play games, but I've observed that gamers love novelty.

2. The business model and monetization of games has shifted from "buy a cd" to freemium model monetizing with "buy a digital good".

3. I look at each game as it's own ledger, upon which "digital goods" can exist and have value.

4. The technology that needs to be built at this point in time is the ILSP/Connector role... which is a profitable cross ledger (cross game) arbatrage business model. 

5. Invest - in developing ILSP operational software in the gaming industry (because less regulation) then in a few years, redeploy that same ILSP software into specific international corridors... Profit

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

1. The gaming industry (along with crime) is typically an early new technology adopter. I dont play games, but I've observed that gamers love novelty.

You missed one crucial industry there - PONR. Cant spell it correct cause it gets censored ****

Edited by zenkert