fatlever

Why is Ripple getting into video games?!!

Ripple pumped more than bitcoin or ethereum, so now we have negative comments on xrpchat. Happens everytime. Maybe we should have an expect FUD meter on the main page in accordance to percent increase relative to Bitcoin and Ethereum. Like on an airline declaring to expect turbulence.  By the way I'm not against either of those coins/tokens/uses.

12 minutes ago, whatever said:

It makes me sad you have such a negative view on the subject you spend so many hours of your life on, especially since so many things you write are simply not true. It seems you are really trying to convince yourself about this evil world in which you are the victim, and Ripple tries to steal your money. You're missing so much from the big picture. You would do this community and yourself a big favor by closing this chat, get out of your house and listen to the birds. If you can't even distinguish between statements from Ripple, and those from the XRP community, and it's all one soup in your head for you, then crypto is really not your thing.

I am sorry, I genuinely thought Mr. Garlinghouse worked for RIpple Labs? I had no idea he is just a chat room member like yourself.  Every promise I quoted came directly from him. My mistake. Please go and buy the dips, while believing your own facts.

As far as being a “victim” that is truly laughable, if you knew my position.

Unfortunately, when I learned that the only way to profit from XRP was to cash out on folks who are desperately trying to become rich, I no longer wanted to play in this sandbox. This is not an investment, it is a ponzie scheme. Plenty of bags for everyone.

BTW: I heard if you use the bag to cover your head, it is easier to keep it buried in the sand. Good luck to you.

18 hours ago, fatlever said:

There are a ton of shitcoin tokens that are doing this now.  Enjin, Bezant, WAX for tokenization of assets.  NEO also has pivoted from a Chinese Smart Economy fuel, if anyone ever bought that, to trying to get into games.  Ethereum has had it share of stupid games.  EOS and TRON also have a lot of activity in mostly stupid games and now in gambling.  Is XRP going to follow trying to create demand?  This really isn't the use case.  We are lagging behind in adoption of the use case yet instead of focuses on Ripple wants to get into something that every shitcoin is doing?  

The xPring is a VC initiative has its own team and is separate from what the company (Ripple) is doing in banking and finance. xPring, as I see it, is part of Ripple's overall plan/strategy to further decentralize the XRP-Ledger and their XRP holdings into a vibrant ecosystem apart from just banking/finance/remittances etc. Each new xPring initiative will further chip away at the stale argument of how the XRP-Ledger/Ripple is centralized.

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Unfortunately, when I learned that the only way to profit from XRP was to cash out on folks who are desperately trying to become rich, I no longer wanted to play in this sandbox.

Good job - you just described nearly every investment that ever existed:  the primary way to make money is to sell it to someone who finds it more valuable than what you initially acquired it for.

Are you saying that you are bummed that xrp is neither a security nor a debt instrument nor does it pay dividends?  Because if that is what you are looking for then you are definitely in the wrong place.

Posted (edited)

Why are you feeding Valhalla Guy?? He has been negative and anti ripple/xrp ever since he started posting here. And I think OP clearly misunderstood what Xpring is and how Ripple is invested in it. This has been pointed out many times in this thread so far.

I think this is amazing news. Ever since I read Ready Player One I had this vision where cloud gaming and VR would be the future of gaming. A world\ ecosystem where you log and can jump from World of warcraft to Halo to league of legends and where one currency would be used for everything. From buying a new skin to paying your monthly subscription everything could be bought with XRP. . I'm happy they have such a team building this and I think putting 100 million is a substantial investment that shows they are serious about this.

Edited by Harfang

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Parabellum said:

@Robbieboy  Is that you? The original XLM fanboy? I can vaguely remember you, if that's the case.  
Just curious here. 

I've never been a fanboy of any coin, that's why I make money, fanboys generally don't. I gamed the **** out of the stellar giveaway and made some nice profit there, but I've never been a fan of stellar and don't remember ever shilling it here. Me and joyce don't get on that well so, nope, mistaking me for some other poor sod you decided to jump down the throat of? But hey I was likely in ripple before you even knew what a merkle tree was and have profited accordingly.

Edited by Robbieboy

9 hours ago, lysistrada said:

I am responding to you and giving you attention, so that is how you can know - based upon your life experience so far - that I am definitely not female.  

Then why take a girls name for your forum handle..? You don't know anything about my life experience do you so your grade school put downs don't really hold water.

13 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

Things change as has their target market and strategy. However Ripple has always been and is still a payments company. I believe the reference to being laser focused was on payments. 

What's wrong with just being 'focused', call me old fashioned? Is laserfocused like where you look at something, and your eyes burn into it at 6 billion lumens (oops, I made an XLM shill) like a laser or a light saber or something, you know like the time when Lois wanted a ready meal, and Clarke waited till she turned her back because he didn't want her to know the truth, and then he looked at that ready meal and cooked it in like two seconds, and this red stuff was coming out of his eyes, like beams, and then it stopped and the meal was hot and lois was like 'damn clarke, what happened' and he was like nervously 'oh I think it was just a loose wire in the microwave, its working now' and lois gave him a weird look...remember...is that laserfocused? or is laserfocused just some ********* techy made up term that makes the reader or listener groan audibly? Hmmm