fatlever

Why is Ripple getting into video games?!!

I do not know why someone would spend this kind of money on a virtual good, but apparently people will.

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-of-the-most-expensive-virtual-items-in-video-games/

1 Club Neverdie in Entropia Universe – $635,000.

2 Crystal Palace from Entropia Universe - $330,000. ...

3 Amsterdam from Second Life - $50,000. ...

4 Ethereal Flames Pink War Dog in Dota 2 - $38,000. ...

5 Age of Wulin Sword - $16,000. ...

6 Echoing Fury Mace from Diablo 3 – $14,000. ...

7 Eve Online Revenant Super Carrier - $9,000

1 hour ago, peanut56 said:

I do not know why someone would spend this kind of money on a virtual good, but apparently people will.

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-of-the-most-expensive-virtual-items-in-video-games/

1 Club Neverdie in Entropia Universe – $635,000.

2 Crystal Palace from Entropia Universe - $330,000. ...

3 Amsterdam from Second Life - $50,000. ...

4 Ethereal Flames Pink War Dog in Dota 2 - $38,000. ...

5 Age of Wulin Sword - $16,000. ...

6 Echoing Fury Mace from Diablo 3 – $14,000. ...

7 Eve Online Revenant Super Carrier - $9,000

do you game?

https://www.theverge.com/2013/11/19/5123724/league-of-legends-world-championship-32-million-viewers

Gaming is a huge market, not including skins guns essentially a virtual economy. As pointed out its not rippple...But xspirng...and building and eco system....and when all those banks are connected using xrapid ....will be easy to transfer real wold income in and out of virtual accounts buying an selling whatever...KYC AML verification and working with the system to generate an internet of value transfer....do your research....who and how do theses other coins build the eco system....place your bet....i have. 

5 hours ago, fatlever said:

There are a ton of shitcoin tokens that are doing this now.  Enjin, Bezant, WAX for tokenization of assets.  NEO also has pivoted from a Chinese Smart Economy fuel, if anyone ever bought that, to trying to get into games.  Ethereum has had it share of stupid games.  EOS and TRON also have a lot of activity in mostly stupid games and now in gambling.  Is XRP going to follow trying to create demand?  This really isn't the use case.  We are lagging behind in adoption of the use case yet instead of focuses on Ripple wants to get into something that every shitcoin is doing?  

Realize, with all due respect and as others in this thread have pointed out, that you are lacking in A LOT of critical information... but the good news is that if you're holding a lot of XRP then your fears of an insignificant ROI not occurring from the long-term position - because of an Xpring investment in gaming - are invalid and emanate from this misunderstanding based on a lack of knowledge.  That's good news because you can just get the knowledge and then realize that the sky is not falling... Is the goal to win an internet argument or to make money?  For me, it's the latter.

First off, Ripple =/= Xpring.  That's a big distinction.  Plenty of other people have already explained the difference and a simple Google search should enlighten you as to how Xpring funds are NOT in any way Ripple defocusing from its primary use case.  Ripple earmarked a lot of money for Xpring and those folks are not the folks expanding bank and other payment/fintech partners.  Xpring money does not mean Ripple is getting distracted.  That's just how you took it. That was incorrect.  It's ok to be wrong. I am wrong all the time.

Nonetheless, even if you accept the above, you might not accept the viability of gaming for the XRP use case.  That's fine and you are entitled to your opinion.   that's totally your right to argue against... But I am pretty sure you are not considering all of the angles, and one of the more important ones you are not seeing is as follows...

It's important to understand how important Xpring and the XRP ecology growing through initiatives/companies other than Ripple is to the survival of XRP itself.  These non-Ripple Labs initiatives are not only an attempt to make XRP become more widely adopted with more use cases.  Yes, that's a big part of it, but to me these initiatives are right now more important as proactive and self-protective measures for XRP.  I don't think there are many huge threats to XRP.  But, nonetheless, absent precise regulatory clarity, I think the biggest threat to XRP is - in my opinion - it being it being regulated as a security.  I don't think it's a security, personally, and I agree with all of the arguments as to why it is not a security... but I think that if the SEC decides it's a security, then it's a security. Hard stop. All the petty arguing about the Howey test and Ripple Lab's control of XRP being no different than the primary bitcoin miners' control of Bitcoin is just a bunch of noise if the people in power disagree.  I don't think the SEC has an anti-XRP agenda, by the way, or the inclination to be anti-XRP, but the chance - the off-chance - of XRP becoming regulated as a security is the biggest threat for XRP, at least to me.

Xpring and other initiatives not related to RIpple are some of the very best ways to get away from XRP being potentially seen as a security because it expands the ecology using this digital asset well outside of Ripple itself.  The greater the number of different companies from different industries using XRP, the further we get from XRP being seen as a security.  You have probably heard the Ripple executives say, "If Ripple Labs disappeared tomorrow, XRP would still exist and have value"... this is true, to an extent, but we all know that if Ripple folded overnight - right now - the price of XRP would likely take a huge hit... so how do you solve this?  You deepen the pool of others using XRP... Xpring is very important in this regard.  Honestly, from this perspective, I want to see as many new use cases for XRP as possible... and while I'd love for all of those to be successful, I am good with them just existing for now until we can be more assured that there is no chance of improper regulation.

This is a good thing, dude.  It's not defocusing for Ripple.  It's giving a powerful, gaming-focused company a huge incentive to deepen the use of XRP outside of Ripple and further protect an investment in XRP.

35 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

I dont see Activision EA Rockstar Blizzard Treyarch Ubisoft on the list of ryppel-forte so its probably nothing

What list?

27 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Thats what i am asking... 

No you were not, you were stating something.

Posted (edited)

Ripple isn't getting into gaming. Ripple is making XRP and XRPL available to developers who are in gaming. 

Peanut Butter.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Ripple isn't getting into gaming. Ripple is making XRP available to developers who are in gaming. 

Peanut Butter.

They've got 60 billion peanuts available. Might as well incentivize other companies to develop immense usecases for them, and cover the full spectrum of payments.

As expected, our regular forum junkies chasing green candle dopamine will try hard to spin this into something bad to rationalize not being a millionaire despite their 100 dollar investment and giving up their life for watching the charts non-stop.