Swans9

Chat: The Best Ripple Wallet?

Hi Bob, great club!

I currently use TOAST wallet but considering a paper wallet for long term storage of XRP.  Any recommendations for paper wallet please?

Thank you.

A paper wallet is pretty simple, you just print out your secret on paper. The long bit of gibberish that begins with an 's'. Then put that paper where NOBODY is going to find it.

You can also do some other variant like putting it on a thumb drive or SD card. You can encrypted it first if you want. I would do both, paper and thumb drive.

What does everyone else do?

But the real reason I split this into its own thread, is I'm wondering which is the best Ripple wallet for daily use?

Anybody have strong opinions?

58 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Then put that paper where NOBODY is going to find it.

Sorry  I'm being reminded of what happened to QuadrigaCX in Canada. ..I wanted to add.. and make sure you and at least one other trusted person know where to find it...

I use toast wallet for daily things but have the ledger cold storage for the long term. 

But also have pretty low amounts on my toast that i just use to give away to friends (so normally no more thna 400/500 xrp) there.

Besides keeping the keys offline (on encrypted devices) at multiple locations, i think people should not forget to implement a way of emergency acces to the funds for relatives (What if you die tomorrow?).

1 hour ago, Flintstone said:

@RareData I need to test drive xrp toolkit. I know Hodor is a fan although he doesn’t give recommendations.

You might be interested in the XRP Toolkit roadmap: https://gitlab.com/xrptoolkit/xrptoolkit-client

I really appreciate user suggestions and feedback, feel free to reach out afterwards.