Sign in to follow this  
peanut56

SWIFT Managing Director on XRP: “I think that the numbers speak for themselves”

Could equally have been titled "SWIFT Managing Director says DLT is “really interesting”"

She didn't give much insight into a possible future involving XRP, but on the otherhand she absolutely did not deny it.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

https://ambcrypto.com/swift-managing-director-on-xrp-i-think-that-the-numbers-speak-for-themselves/

The title is a little misleading. There are a few quotes that are good. Nothing is concrete, and there is no confirmation. Make of it what you will.

I heard this, thought it might be troubling, briefly. I then realized she really said nothing. To say, as she did, loosely "we settle in minutes, sometimes seconds" is likely true, between two existing banks with currency agreements. I'd ask her "Do all banks and currencies in SWIFT settle this quickly, or just the big boys, big currency swaps(Dollars, Euro, Pounds), between BIG banks?" All XRP transactions settle very quickly, regardless of transaction value or remitter, or currency XRP was purchased in. JMO

Edited by SilverSailor

I watched the interview yesterday. Swift either know they are in trouble or in denial. 

She said they can settle in seconds/minutes and then when Ran asked whether it's due to new tech they implemented, she said no, same tech, but the Swift members have agreed to abide by new rules. 

So it's the same tech, they just "agree" internally that things will move faster and essentially "trust" one another. 

If swift doesn't change their architecture, there's no way they can stick around. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Paradox said:

From what I understand, Ripple doesn't make the xCurrent figures pubilc.   However, certain xCurrent customers have stated publicly that they have been sending a "couple billion" through the network.

Thanks. At least theyare sending more there than trough xwelfare

Edited by MemberBerry
Sorry my bad. Its xrapid not xwelfare. My thoughts were somewhere else

Always take ambcrypto.com with a grain of salt... I find that their articles always cherry pick lines and never give their source. I always end up searching for the source myself and find that their article contributes noting.

Posted (edited)

2019 will be a good year for Ripple and XRP. You just HODL on like before. An oldie MM of mine. Insert HODL instead of Rollin and sing a long and enjoy.

Edited by zenkert