RAID gaming data platform IS using Ripple technology!

Posted (edited)

@JoelKatz @nikb @Sukrim @Hodor @BobWay

I don't know much about the project nor am I endorsing it. I believe it is using Ripple technology but I'm hoping some more technical individuals might be able to explain what I'm seeing. 

I'm not here to explain the project. All information can be found on their website. 

RAID

I'm interested in knowing if this is built on or with Ripple technology. 

There's a testnet and explorer available and I found this transaction. It looks very similar to XRPL. 

https://explorer.xrd.gg/transaction/DF8DFA1DDAAE942A547949F9C8223F77548D4B37AB2D139A3C2B795879DF8D01

If you look into the individual addresses, there are balances in XRP. 

https://explorer.xrd.gg/account/rwPDLCYmNu4uHaKG6wktVf1m9iFzMcYTN6

Could this one of the gaming related thing Brad mentioned earlier this year? 

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)

Just an update. I've just skimmed the white paper which you can easily find on their website and it is using Ripple tech. 

1970765358_Screenshot_20190312-145145_GooglePDFViewer.thumb.jpg.244d331a3ca66eb840752aceecf114aa.jpg

Since I'm not technically savvy enough to be able to tell from the white paper. I guess my question would be, would it connect to the same ledger the we all move our XRP on or would it be a separate one with separate validators? 

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Just an update. I've just skimmed the white paper which you can easily find on their website and it is using Ripple tech. 

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting. Does this mean that we could potentially have different ledgers (gaming, logistics, securitisation, etc) that are built on Ripple tech and they would all be able to use XRP natively i.e. XRPs can flow across all of these ledgers seamlessly with minimal (if any at all) integration effort needed?

40 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting. Does this mean that we could potentially have different ledgers (gaming, logistics, securitisation, etc) that are built on Ripple tech and they would all be able to use XRP natively i.e. XRPs can flow across all of these ledgers seamlessly with minimal (if any at all) integration effort needed?

One would think so. It did say that the Raid Chain would be based on the "Verified Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm" or RPCA. Looks like they are having a public ICO via Bittrex International. Here's some more details on the Raid Chain Testnet.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

That's what I'm interested to know. I cannot figure out if the transactions of RAID will be on the same ledger as we use. They are doing an erc20 token for distribution but I think once everything moves off testnet, it will be an issued token similar to what Allvor is doing. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

One would think so. It did say that the Raid Chain would be based on the "Verified Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm" or RPCA. Looks like they are having a public ICO via Bittrex International. Here's some more details on the Raid Chain Testnet.

Thanks for this. Again, I really haven't had time to research. At this point I'm not looking at this as an opportunity to invest, but rather figure out if it will eventually be using the same "network" as Coil, xRapid, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

No code, no comment.

I will venture a guess based on the white paper quote you show...  it’s a seperate incarnation of XRPLedger.  So not connected.

Stellar started like that then diverged.  CSC also.

It looks like less like diverge and more just a seperate incarnation of the Rippled code.  Of course I could be wrong and a wiser head has already said ‘No code, no comment’  so perhaps it would be foolish to listen to me.  :)   My wife certainly doesn’t....

I looked up a transaction hash they listed in the XRP Ledger and it didn't find it. Nor did it find the address I tried.

I noticed on most pages it was denominated in XRD but on one page it did say XRP.

The transactions were clearly using rippled conventions, but it is late and I didn't dig in deeply.

I'm presuming they launched an alternative rippled network, then modified and repointed someone's existing XRP Ledger explorer to their new network.

That is fair game of course. Rippled is open source and available to anyone to do with what they want.  I suspect the XRP reference was an accident rather than intentional.

11 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

Could this one of the gaming related thing Brad mentioned earlier this year? 

No idea; thanks for the link, however. 

I know "Beachhead," another game, mentioned the XRPL in their whitepaper.  I'm not sure what the current status of that project is, but here is one link I found:  https://beachhead.com/component/content/article/9-uncategorised/80-white-paper?Itemid=437

11 hours ago, Hodor said:

No idea; thanks for the link, however. 

I know "Beachhead," another game, mentioned the XRPL in their whitepaper.  I'm not sure what the current status of that project is, but here is one link I found:  https://beachhead.com/component/content/article/9-uncategorised/80-white-paper?Itemid=437

It's great to see more projects recognize that wasteful and self-serving methods like PoW aren't the best solutions. Even if this doesn't directly tie into XRPL, it makes me optimistic others are choosing RPCA and XRPL over other methods.

Some of us have to just rely on what we can understand. We have other things in life and work to concentrate on. Finance is complicated. Partnerships are complicated. Geopolitics are complicated. Algorithms are complicated. Regulations are complicated. I have to rely on basic concepts, is it faster, is it cheaper, is it cleaner, etc. Those basic concepts and qualities are why I chose to hold XRP rather than others. 

Since I'm not tapped into and up to date on finance, geopolitics, programming, etc, it indicates to me that developers and companies do see that the underlying technology does play a part in what gets adopted.

Only because I introduced the topic do I feel obligated to let anyone who may have been interested, it looks like this project is DOA. 

"Bittrex International has cancelled the initial exchange offering (IEO) of the RAID token. We apologize for the inconvenience, but also wanted to provide a more fulsome explanation to our users.   

Trust and integrity are our most valuable assets.  Part of earning your trust is to be as transparent as possible, so we want to let you know what happened.  We decided to cancel the IEO as a result of significant changes in the business status of RAID. Specifically, a few hours ago, OP.GG terminated its strategic partnership with RAID, which was a vital part of the RAID project.  When Bittrex International became aware of this significant event, we did not feel that it was in the best interest of our customers to move forward with the IEO.   

Bittrex was started with a simple vision: to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technology, and driving transformative change.  As part of this vision, we want our users to know that Bittrex remains vigilant to ensure the integrity of our markets.  One of the hardest challenges we face in advancing blockchain adoption is to avoid the rampant fear, uncertainty, and doubt that is everywhere in this industry.  When we become aware of significant events, we respond quickly to protect our users."