BobWay

List: Unanswered Questions from "Hi, I'm Bob!"

Hi @BobWay , firstly thanks for your interview with Alex , I learnt plenty and will listen to it a couple of more times. I heard your idea about touring with your friend educating us about Ripple / XRP.  A great idea , there certainly would be a market for it. As I've suggested before,  podcasts would be another great avenue for you to explore. You could interview people of interest in the crypto space , maybe employees of ripple , maybe ask the community who they would like to see you talk to. That way your educating them, us , everyone. There is no one of your experience and knowledge doing this so would be a great first mover advantage. Look at subscriber numbers on You-tubers and other large Twitter contributors to maximize your audience numbers. Joe Rogan podcast is one of the best , his following is massive , he has a winning formula. 

On 3/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, Truckdriver said:

As I've suggested before,  podcasts would be another great avenue for you to explore. You could interview people of interest in the crypto space , maybe employees of ripple , maybe ask the community who they would like to see you talk to. That way your educating them, us , everyone.

I'm going to make an announcement in a similar vein in the very near future. I think it is going to have an interesting twist for everyone, though.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, fiik said:

Is Brads picture hanging at the IMF?

No idea. Someone go over and look!

On 4/2/2019 at 5:23 AM, BobWay said:

I'm going to make an announcement in a similar vein in the very near future. I think it is going to have an interesting twist for everyone, though

Fantastic Bob. Looking forward to see what you have cooked up.

Hi @BobWay, thanks for sharing your views and responding to our questions. One of the reasons I started buying XRP back in ‘17 was bc of Basel and how a digital asset like XRP might enable banks to manage regulatory burdens related to capital requirements and liquidity. To the extent a bank can hold XRP directly in the future doesn’t it free up dollars to meet Basel 3 requirements? Can you shed any light on the interplay here and how XRP might fit within the Basel 3 puzzle and benefit banks from a regulatory perspective? Thanks!

12 hours ago, Lawyer said:

To the extent a bank can hold XRP directly in the future doesn’t it free up dollars to meet Basel 3 requirements? Can you shed any light on the interplay here and how XRP might fit within the Basel 3 puzzle and benefit banks from a regulatory perspective? Thanks!

I wish I could say I was a genius on this topic but I’m clearly not. XRP might be considered a high quality liquid asset that banks could easily turn back into cash when necessary. But HODLing XRP like holding USD in reserve both seem to be “trapped cash” to me. Meaning that reserve funds aren’t “working” to generate revenue for the bank.

Unless of course you presume long term price appreciation in your calculations. But if you did that then it seems you would also have to figure in short term volatility risk as well. That might make XRP seem less “high quality” in the context of HQLA.

What I think is more beneficial is transparent monitoring of all relationships between financial institutions. Also the ability to instantly settle inter-institution liquidity deals when crisis strikes. This means instantly trading your HQLAs to others (at the best price) in exchange for the necessary cash needed to stay liquid. The XRP Ledger and ILP are uniquely suited for that.

Hey @BobWay, I've got a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to.

ILP is going to connect all payment systems (ACH, banks, credit card companies) globally the way TCP IP did for the internet.

Once this is accomplished (or along the way), does this mean that companies offering services online will be able to transact in/charge micropayments in USD with the buyer using a regular credit/debit card to pay? Or will a user always have to establish an XRP wallet of some sort to make micropayments to any given service/company?

Does ILP make it feasible for pre-existing FI's (Visa/Mastercard) to allow their customers to process and charge microtransactions (USD) now or in the near future? And if so, do any ecommerce plugins currently exist that promote/support this? 

I'm trying to think of creative ways in which I can develop new services/offerings using the new technology payments, but I don't have any experience in programming. Receiving an answer on this may help send me in the right direction. I appreciate your time!