BobWay

List: The First Rule of Book Club... (Please Read)

Hi Bob,

I'm Bruce from Kentucky.....and i wan't to literally be a "sponge" to all the knowledge and advice you and others here who are way more smart than i am.......

I didn't start investing until late 1990's, i literally missed the "internet boom" and vowed to myself to not miss another opportunity like that if i ever came across one.....and i truly believe that crypto is an opportunity just like the early days of the internet, with XRP being a Cisco systems, Microsoft, Dell, EMC, Quallcomm of this realm

I'm Michael, the guy whom thinks about XRP requiring crazy high prices. I come to this rather through market consideration than through technical analysis. 

I am more into ILP than RippleNet. I see RippleNet as ramp up to ILP (kind of like Compuserv/AOL at the early internet). Unfortunately I cannot find information on existing ILP connectors or some usage statistics at least...

Bob,  I too accept your Terms.  However, I doubt I will ever have a Yacht, I might have an Airplane.  I took Programing back in College, (Fortran, RPG, Cobal, Assembler), and got involved with Aviation Maintenance instead. Thanks for the plain English explanations for us old Farts.

Hi Bob, 

I’m David, but you could call me Dave, Danger Dave.

I’m from the Washington D.C/ Northern Virginia area. 

I am a Nutrition major looking to get into surgery some time later, but XRP/Ripple is too exciting to ignore. 

Sending best wishes on your health journey!

Hi ! @BobWay Thanks for everything. It would be really Nice to have a feature where We know when you replied in every thread. Since there are many chapters now one has to scroll through every chapter to see if you replied. A question for the admins. Is there any way to show When Bob reponded instead of the default which now shows the last post made by other posters . Since this is Bob's book club I am sure everyone would agree that we want an easy way to track when Bob is online responding. I know @BobWay created a new chapter to alert when he is online but there should be an automated way to do this. 

Dear Bob and other xrpchat readers,

Your terms are very fine and like everyone else, I'm happy to accept them. Thank you very much for your contributions so far - I looked at your profile and it says you joined on Mar 5th and have "won the day" 9 times since then. Today is March 15th and by the end of the day, you'll probably have made it to 10 days in a row. I wonder how long you'll be able to keep it up :) Please try!

At the end of 2017 I was attempting to write an article about the valuation/price of xrp based on the activities of market makers, and I abandoned it when the price went through the roof over xmas 2017, thinking "Who cares any more!". Since then, I've looked at the half written paper a few times and wondered if I should attempt to finish it. I have been busy with other work and not made progress on it. I was considering putting an invite out on xrp chat to find someone to read what I've written and tell me if it's total balls or not (that is quite probable since I have not studied economics, have no knowledge of market making or other financial activities). If it isn't nonsense then I'd want a co-author (or more than one) - preferably someone who understands financial markets to help me finish it. Having read some of what you've written in the new members' thread, it seems like you have probably seen numerous models of this kind - it is a laughably simple model, and it does have problems (for example speculators hoarding xrp would make it difficult for market makers to provide enough liquidity to prevent an exponential rise in xrp price that would inevitably result in a crash. Since the model is so simple, I assume it's rubbish, but I have not seen it considered elsewhere (though I have not been thorough in my literature searches of this kind of material - and that's why I need help. I just don't have the time to do it properly). The basic prediction is that there is an essentially linear relationship between xRapid payment volume and price (ignoring speculators etc).

Your posts have contained a number of comments that have made me consider if now might be a good time to look again at the model and I wonder if anyone reading this who has experience of market-making/foreign exchange markets might be interested in taking a look at it and reviewing it with the intention of helping me improve it, or point out the obvious flaws so that I can abandon it. If anyone is interested in assisting, then please PM me - with the proviso that, (unlike Andre Geim), I do not wish to work with my Hamster (or other fictional authors!). I will be very busy for the next month or two and probably won't make anything available just yet as I'd like to spend some time reviewing it after a long break during which I've thought of a couple of new sections that should be added that are currently missing, but I'm posting this now as it might spark interest in someone who has expertise in this field. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Evening @BobWay

A agree to the terms.
I have been around on the Internet since Netscape was in beta 0.93.
Had some great ideas, but was to far ahead of my time.
As and example. Tinder.
Hey man, I had that idea thought out and written down before the Millenium.
But I did not have the proper connections, so nothing happened.
The tech was not really ready either.

Now, I am mostly just sitting on the Bay, watching the Ships sail by.
I HODL XRP and CSC.
Ideas seems to have dried out.
But if I get one, I will share it with you.

Well, to be honest, I have something cooking in my mind. Just very blurry right now.
So might be worth nothing at all.
It is about your personal digital identity, stored on the blockchain.
Could be implemented in your browser, app or whatever.
A one stop KYC/AML sort of. Do it once and use it 4ever, anywhere, anytime.
You can share it, or not, it´s your choice.
You do not drag it around as a cockie or a tracker.
It is in the users hands where to use it.
You activate it when you feel it´s appropriate to use it.

Zenkert

Edited by zenkert