• Advertisement

What happened with the “Million dollar baby”?

A little over a year ago, a guy promoted himself using this chat and opening a page in FB that was the new owner of 1M of XRP. I understand that his goal was to carry out a social experiment regarding the implications that such acquisition would have for him and his environment.

Does anyone know what happened to this person? ....

Got to keep that huge amount of XRP despite the avatars in the price of last year? ..

1 hour ago, Esprxp said:

A little over a year ago, a guy promoted himself using this chat and opening a page in FB that was the new owner of 1M of XRP. I understand that his goal was to carry out a social experiment regarding the implications that such acquisition would have for him and his environment.

Does anyone know what happened to this person? ....

Got to keep that huge amount of XRP despite the avatars in the price of last year? ..

Sold

In today's world of hackers, and with all the examples of crypto thefts, why would anyone tempt fate and post their holdings, especially when the amounts are this large? Even a "measly" couple thousand of xrp might someday be worth a small fortune, and to leave breadcrumbs for others who would steal them just doesn't make any sense. (unless of course, you're just a kid living in your mom's basement, and are having fun making up tall tales)

I am going entirely off of memory because I could not find the posts.  The person who bought 1 million XRP claimed to have established their position around 20 cents and did not expect it to take off like it did toward the end of 2017.  They claimed to have sold between 70 and 80 cents, about a month later, knowing full well they could be leaving lot of money on the table.  They did not think holding longer was worth the risk as they had made $500k in about a month and were independently wealthy before the run up.  :D 

They posted their announcement of the sale during the bull run.  It was posted well before XRP hit $1.

Edited by Guest