RippleLocal

LocalRipple.co - Fastest, easiest and safest way to buy or sell XRP

56 minutes ago, RippleLocal said:

The paperwork hasn't been released by the chamber of commerce yet

Why launch the company before all the paperwork is complete?

56 minutes ago, RippleLocal said:

Insurance for what?

You website talks about insurance: "All the transactions done through our platform are handled by our escrow service, therefor the team behind LocalRipple.co can proudly say that we insure every single transaction to a percentage that gets close to 100%."

8 minutes ago, RippleLocal said:

How do you trust your socks seller in 2019? What if he secretly sews a poisoned thread into your socks that make you fall in love with him and give him your house and all your belongings.

I think my cat did something like this!

1 hour ago, cmbartley said:

Why launch the company before all the paperwork is complete?

You website talks about insurance: "All the transactions done through our platform are handled by our escrow service, therefor the team behind LocalRipple.co can proudly say that we insure every single transaction to a percentage that gets close to 100%."

@cmbartley
To answer your questions:

1. Because the platform is ready and we never thought that the paperwork should be a problem.

2. That's the whole purpose of an escrow service isn't it? To insure the parties involved in the transaction that everything goes as it should.

Judging by your questions, I'm not sure you understand the main concept of our platform. We, as a platform are not a party in a trade, we're the middlemen ( escrow service ). We offer the environment for you to trade with other people not with us. We are, as previously mentioned, the escrow.

Let me give an example:
Bob sells XRP to John and wants to receive USD via wire transfer.
1. Bob deposits the XRP payment into the escrow account.
2. John receives the confirmation that the XRP payment is inside the escrow account and then sends the USD payment via wire transfer.
3. Bob receives the USD payment then confirms that he did and then presses the "Release escrow" button.
4. John receives the XRP payment.

We ONLY retain the 1% fee on a successfully completed transaction. This commission is retained from owner of the trade offer ( listing ) which the transaction was initiated from. As a matter of fact if a transaction gets canceled / disputed we actually lose money because the escrow deposit is returned in full ( the money we lose are XRP in the XRP transaction cost ).

3 hours ago, RippleLocal said:

@whatever NEVER trust cats. Or websites called LocalRipple.co :))

Couldn't have said it better myself...

18 minutes ago, PhiGuy said:

Couldn't have said it better myself...

@PhiGuy Took you a while. 100% predictable though :))
By the way, " :)) " indicates laughing. As in what you do when you hear or say a funny joke.

33 minutes ago, RippleLocal said:

@PhiGuy Took you a while. 100% predictable though :))
By the way, " :)) " indicates laughing. As in what you do when you hear or say a funny joke.

Blocked-

if-you-dig-a-hole-and-its-in-the-wrong-place-digging-it-deeper-wont-solve-the-problem-b8999.png

The idea behind LocalRipple.co is to emulate the localbitcoins website and on the surface that is not a bad thing. Anything that can help positively promote XRP/Ripple is a good thing after all.

When it comes to this particular website (LocalRipple.co) I have reservations. The TOS are bordering nonsensical for a legitimate, serious business. There is no mention if LocalRipple.co is owned by a company and if so what are their credentials and there is no mention which jurisdiction any potential legal issues will be settled in if things get that far between LocalRipple.co and its users.

There are many more things that can be highlighted but I will not spend more time pointing them out. As it stands there is no need to think of LocalRipple.co as a serious business until or unless they stop hiding behind a veil of anonymity

Look at the manner in which the representative of this website is posting.  The tone is very condescending and is a clear reason why this website should be avoided.

Edited by HazzaHat