Xrp will never go above 40 to 50$

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 1Ton said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

You do not need to mine Callisto, you can just buy Callisto from an exchange such as https://www.stex.com. I use https://wallet.callisto.network to stake my Callisto. I use a Ledger Nano S to do the staking and retrieving of my Callisto staking reward. Full tutorial on how to stake Callisto with a Ledger Nano S can be found here: https://forum.callisto.network/t/how-to-stake-with-your-ledger-nano-s/317.

I took a look at the Celsius app - looks very interesting. I own a large amount of XRP and I'm very paranoid about losing my XRP holdings, so I will not use any apps to earn interest on my XRP holdings. I need to retain 100% control of my XRP wallet addresses and private keys. I bought a very large amount of Callisto for a cheap enough price that I am willing to take the risk in staking them and losing my Callisto investment. But I will not take that sort of risk with my XRP holdings.

Thanks for explaining. I need to take a closer look at Callisto.  I didn't dive that deep because I assumed people were accumulating it because it still pays to mine it.

I get that a lot about Celsius. From people who trust JPM with a lot more money and get less real security, imho. One reason I back Alex is because until some people do, and his business model is proven, that fear of being ripped-off works against our entire community. It comes down to who you trust, and understanding what kind of stewardship you're getting. Alex is trying to do something good that will perhaps help generations of savers to come. I pick my heroes carefully, and I don't have many. 

My view is that hardware wallets are like burying your money in a mayonnaise jar. We have to get past that mentality eventually. I understand risk very well, but crypto banks are the future I want to see, personally. Nexo and Celsius are both going to do fine, but Nexo is for the big investors primarily,  and Celsius is for the people. It's more like a credit union than a bank. Alex picked banking because he thinks crypto banks are "the killer app" and he might be right. It is certainly A killer app.

I apologize for going so far off the topic, but I get excited when I run across intelligent life on this barren planet. Thanks for the conversation. I spent some weeks deciding to deposit with Celsius.Everyone should do their own DD. .However much XRP one has, I'm sure we all hold our stash as very precious. I WAS lucky to buy in to XRP at a time when it was a bargain.  I had a certain position size in mind, and it only cost me 60% of what I expected to pay. I have enough to do very well with fairly modest price appreciation, and the investment is still  modest enough not hurt my long term goals too badly if it lags. It seems like there is a sweet spot there, more so than with most assets you could put money into. Cryptos in general are sort of unique that way. Does that make sense? Especially if this bottom turns out to be a bump in the road, which I do believe is is.

I have a long history of making money in high risk markets and then putting my wins into tangible assets. I do hope XRP turns out to be a great asset to hold forever...but I will spread any gains around at least a little. I'm not young anymore. I own a number of great properties, and I want to buy one last one...a trophy, if you will. XRP could be the vehicle. I'm more excited than I've been in a long time.

Edited by dr_ed

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I honestly don’t know what I’d do if one day I woke up and xrp was at $1000.

The brave who endure the hard way to keep our XRP ten years without selling them, we will be responsible for creating a new society or new way of understanding life…

we will be the chosen ones to give a chance to this lost Civilization.

Just saying

:ok:

4 hours ago, jorgerios said:

The brave who endure the hard way to keep our XRP ten years without selling them, we will be responsible for creating a new society or new way of understanding life…

we will be the chosen ones to give a chance to this lost Civilization.

Just saying

:ok:

Reading stuff like this really makes it hard to believe XRP is a good gamble.  

7 hours ago, Cryptsycrackers said:

believe

Believe isn´t good. Believe it´s a mind poison that makes you stand still and stop acting by yourself

You have to experience and act under your experiences.

7 hours ago, Cryptsycrackers said:

Reading stuff like this really makes it hard to believe XRP is a good gamble.  

Actually and i feel sorry for you because yo might be a gambler but…

RIPPLE/XRP IT´S THE 1%  OF CRYPTO THAT INFACT IT IS A INVESTMENT

:give_heart2:

14 hours ago, jorgerios said:

Believe isn´t good. Believe it´s a mind poison that makes you stand still and stop acting by yourself

You have to experience and act under your experiences.

Actually and i feel sorry for you because yo might be a gambler but…

RIPPLE/XRP IT´S THE 1%  OF CRYPTO THAT INFACT IT IS A INVESTMENT

:give_heart2:

No other crypto currency comes close to matching the potential of xrp.