Xrp will never go above 40 to 50$

10 minutes ago, jtusa said:

Well then adjust the numbers so they make you happy. My general point still stands, people bought a few thousand XRP and are fooling themselves into the belief that it's going to reach $1000per so they can be rich. It's not going to happen.

That I agree with. I was just busting on you for your math in example. Too many hoping to get rich quick. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

That I agree with. I was just busting on you for your math in example. Too many hoping to get rich quick. 

This forum and the army have their "hopium" dreams, but I find it interesting how people like the newest member "Bob" has a more tempered view or Joel Katz or even Kapoow Kitao. $5, $10, or "I'm bullish" then on here, "When XRP hits $500 or $1000" I lol.

No banks No price increase where are the banks BG?

Edited by 010101

1 hour ago, DD_XRP said:

Even with 1,000,000 I'll not be able to retire before 30... :D 

Property portfolio returning 6% is £60,000 a year, surely you could live on that? 

1 hour ago, jtusa said:

Well then adjust the numbers so they make you happy. My general point still stands, people bought a few thousand XRP and are fooling themselves into the belief that it's going to reach $1000per so they can be rich. It's not going to happen.

What made Eth so special to get to 1200 and xrp can’t? 

5 hours ago, jtusa said:

The problem is a lot of people here got in late, either at current price or when it was higher than it is now, and they only have a few hundred or a few thousand dollars worth, so they need $1000+/XRP in order to get "rich". They're operating on pure hope and faith.

I fully agree with you, let that be clear.

On the other hand: when XRP price goes up and XRP gets more familiar to a wider audience, more people will step in at increasingly higher prices. And still want their return on investment. So a price boosted by demand can still generate good profits for those who stepped in at higher prices for some time (not in the long run, of course).

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Property portfolio returning 6% is £60,000 a year, surely you could live on that? 

Probably yes.. but I was 30yrs old 12yrs ago :D

4 minutes ago, DucPeter said:

I fully agree with you, let that be clear.

On the other hand: when XRP price goes up and XRP gets more familiar to a wider audience, more people will step in at increasingly higher prices. And still want their return on investment. So a price boosted by demand can still generate good profits for those who stepped in at higher prices for some time (not in the long run, of course).

The longer XRP can keep stable st .30 the better. Small pumps just give false hope to hopium and give riddlers and YouTubers more content to entice them to tune into next video, creating vicious circle where only their making money based on views and donations. Hopefully having Bob Way on board will help give clarity and eliminate much of the nonsense going on. If I can 2x or 3x my investment in XRP I’d be extremely happy.  1000x type nonsense is just pipedreams of small investors wishing upon miracles. 

49 minutes ago, Paddy said:

What made Eth so special to get to 1200 and xrp can’t? 

You can't just look at the value alone for things like that. ETH's total supply is like 1-2% of XRP's total supply. If all other things were equal, then it'd be reasonable to say that XRP should be able to get to $12 if we were in the same type of conditions that fed the 2017-2018 spike. However, not everything is going to be equal and coin comparisons are hard unless they're pretty similar in what they're trying to do and what tech they have behind them.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Xrylite said:

You can't just look at the value alone for things like that. ETH's total supply is like 1-2% of XRP's total supply. If all other things were equal, then it'd be reasonable to say that XRP should be able to get to $12 if we were in the same type of conditions that fed the 2017-2018 spike. However, not everything is going to be equal and coin comparisons are hard unless they're pretty similar in what they're trying to do and what tech they have behind them.

You must remember most XRPChat folk dont believe in market cap, outstanding coin count, or circulation "It is crypto if Bitcoin can hit 20k XRP surely can wen Moon!"

Reality all of that matters!!

Edited by 010101
Spelling

1 hour ago, KaaKaRmA said:

The longer XRP can keep stable st .30 the better. Small pumps just give false hope to hopium and give riddlers and YouTubers more content to entice them to tune into next video, creating vicious circle where only their making money based on views and donations. Hopefully having Bob Way on board will help give clarity and eliminate much of the nonsense going on. If I can 2x or 3x my investment in XRP I’d be extremely happy.  1000x type nonsense is just pipedreams of small investors wishing upon miracles. 

In fact I am a small investor, certainly not a pro in the financial world. I invested in XRP because I have confidence in the Ripple business case, but success will not come overnight. You gotta look at it from a long term point of view. And stacking up cash in the bank gives you absolutely no return at all...

As far as "hopium dreams" go, I believe that some of it is based on the realizations that no one can accurately predict the scope of possibilities for xrp. Being the first to market with a coin that was "correctly" engineered to enable the creation of the IoV, and to carry nearly instant value transfer throughout the world, Ripple's got a shot at something that's very hard to quantify. Coupled with a software suite buildout that's included the banks and financial institutions, Ripple is going about this in a methodical manner that may indeed result in xrp becoming the standard, or even "just" a leader amongst a field of other choices. Layering Xspring and the University Blockchain Research Initiative upon an already solid foundation, will bring about untold advances and possible use cases. Just as the cargo container brought uniformity, speed and ease to the shipping industry, and transformed it, xrp is poised to do the same for the world-wide transfer of money. Opening up previously "sticky" markets to the smooth, instantaneous and inexpensive transfer of money or value, has the potential to reshape trade and social economics in ways we've only yet begun to imagine. Only time will tell how "crazy," or not, some of these predictions are, and I've got a sense that if Ripple achieves even 50% of it's true potential, in five or ten years, they're not gonna look crazy at all.

It has to be that because most of you are suffering a endless bear market...  :

You are more burned than the pipe of an Indian

I've got ten years to wait , yet :big_boss:

With lots of love :give_heart2: