Xrp will never go above 40 to 50$

I always get a kick out of this thread when it's inevitably posted once a week.  Does anyone have any IDEA the fortitude it would take someone who's holding now to hold all the way to $50/xrp?  It would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tougher than holding through a brutal downswing.  That's why experts say it's best to literally forget about your investment and come back in a few years. 

Yes, I think I do have a pretty good idea what that would take. A lot of conviction, for sure.

One motivating factor worth considering though..... might be if you thought XRP would hold its value while the USD was tanking. Yes I am referencing the IMF's sudden interest in fintech, Ripple, and XRP.  I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I can see handwriting on a wall as good as the next guy.

I see whales rotating between cryptos and gold these days, and holding a lot of both. I don't really think that's a bad plan, if you can afford it. 

41 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I would sell into that, btw. 

You and everyone else, that's why it won't go to ridiculous numbers. If you look at the max supply of both coins, there would be 4000x more xrp than BTC at max supply. the circulating supply of both coins would be much lower but I don't think the ratio would be that different. XRP at $5 is the same thing as BTC at $20,000 . That's the huge difference.

16 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Yes, I think I do have a pretty good idea what that would take. A lot of conviction, for sure.

One motivating factor worth considering though..... might be if you thought XRP would hold its value while the USD was tanking. Yes I am referencing the IMF's sudden interest in fintech, Ripple, and XRP.  I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I can see handwriting on a wall as good as the next guy.

I see whales rotating between cryptos and gold these days, and holding a lot of both. I don't really think that's a bad plan, if you can afford it. 

By no means am I saying you couldn't hold to $50.  Everyone is different and knows their own risk tolerance.   I just laugh when people ask about $40-$50 while also freaking when the price goes from .60 to .30.  Imagine what happens when it goes from $45 to $7.

33 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

I always get a kick out of this thread when it's inevitably posted once a week.  Does anyone have any IDEA the fortitude it would take someone who's holding now to hold all the way to $50/xrp?  It would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tougher than holding through a brutal downswing.  That's why experts say it's best to literally forget about your investment and come back in a few years. 

I agree with this completely & it’s constantly overlooked. That said, it would be the same as people holding from $0.02 to the previous ATH of $3.31. There are people on this forum who have already done it... but the majority have not.

Also, fwiw, if you held from $0.02 (or lower) all the way to $3.31, chances are, you didn’t get out at the top either.

I think that it would take a certain kind of perfect storm to moon XRP.  That was my only point. But such things have happened, and will happen again. If you are contending that it's unlikely, I agree. But it is quite possible, under the circumstances I described. I'm not the only experienced trader who thinks that btw. 

I was only trying to give one example of how such a perfect storm could occur. I'm making 60-100 XRP per week just holding my little stash on deposit. I don't need a mooning to be happy. 

Many people would no doubt sell into a $5 spike in XRP. But I think I'll hold on a bit longer. I'm greedy but patient. Comes with age.

4 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Imagine what happens when it goes from $45 to $7.

I don't have to imagine. I was very long gold in 2011. One learns how to do these things if you live through it.

2 minutes ago, eggsarepeas said:

I agree with this completely & it’s constantly overlooked. That said, it would be the same as people holding from $0.02 to the previous ATH of $3.31. There are people on this forum who have already done it... but the majority have not.

Also, fwiw, if you held from $0.02 (or lower) all the way to $3.31, chances are, you didn’t get out at the top either.

The forum members who were here when the price was .02 are most gone just like the current members will likely be gone if the price ever moons to be replaced by new people complaining about price and asking "when moon".

7 minutes ago, DutchPanda said:

I hope I have the guts to wait and see that max $50,00 price happening. Selling 90 % of my stack would make me resign my job and smoke Pot, watch great movies and drink Tequila everyday.

how much XRP u have in total?

6 minutes ago, DucPeter said:

Come on, that's like asking someone to have his pants pulled down in public.

yep , that's the mentality I know hence the question .

I have no problem telling how much I own , how much money I make a month.

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

I was only trying to give one example of how such a perfect storm could occur. I'm making 60-100 XRP per week just holding my little stash on deposit. I don't need a mooning to be happy. 

Just curious:  Trading, or buying more, or getting interest somewhere?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Baka said:

yep , that's the mentality I know hence the question .

I have no problem telling how much I own , how much money I make a month.

And why would anyone wanna know? I couldn't be less interested.

Edited by DucPeter